Clinical Quality Registry Database Engineer (technical lead) - Stroke
The Florey Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground-breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team within the Public Health and Health Services Research, Stroke Theme, based at the Florey’s Heidelberg campus in Victoria. The position will be the technical lead for the registry and the integrated data management platform. That is, the role is required to perform advanced data management functions on a large, complex relational database, known as the Australian Stroke Data Tool, (AuSDaT: https://australianstrokecoalition.org.au/projects/ausdat/). The AuSDaT is currently used for a range of programs including the Australian Stroke Clinical Registry (AuSCR) and the Stroke Foundation Audit.
The Clinical Quality Registry Database Engineer provides advanced (local) technical support of the AuSDaT and has a primary role in data management for the AuSCR, (www.auscr.com.au), which is a national clinical quality registry used to collect data for hospitalised patients who have had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack. The AuSCR is currently used by over 60 hospitals from different states and territories. All patients registered in AuSCR are contacted at 90 to180 days post-stroke for the collection of patient-reported outcomes.
This role includes:
- Curation of the data within the database
- Maintenance of appropriate documentation
- Development or enhancement AuSDaT capabilities including business intelligence reporting
- Generation of data reports and exports
- Supervision of programming changes
- Recommendations for system improvements
The position works closely with the Program Manager of the AuSCR and AuSDaT, as well as other members of the Florey Institute, University of Melbourne IT, participating hospitals, Stroke Foundation, various funders and partners in the registry and epidemiologists from Monash University.
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description, which is available by clicking on 'Apply Now'.
This position is a fixed term, full-time role, with part-time (0.8 FTE) considered. The role attracts an annual salary offer ranging from Higher Education Worker 7-1 (HEW 7-1) $88,920 (pro-rata $71,136) to Higher Education Worker 7-5 (HEW 7-5) $96,252 (pro-rata $77,001.60), commensurate with experience. This role is based in Heidelberg and flexible work arrangements are possible.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5.00pm (AEDT) Monday 6th February 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in data science, information technology, health information management, health data science or related discipline.
- Extensive data management expertise;
- Experience with clinical quality registries, large databases or web-based technologies for data capture
- Ability to query, format, manipulate, extract or import data within an SQL (Structure Query Language) relational database management system and has experience working with other programs such as Excel and Access.
- Detail and process oriented so that work is reproducible, accurate and efficient
- Outstanding time, organisational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritise work and multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ensure that data management activities are conducted in accordance with governance requirements.
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
For enquiries please contact our Human Resources Team on email@example.com.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Feb 2023
- VIC - Heidelberg
- Work Type:
- Full Time