WHS Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS (View other jobs from this organisation)
Full Time or Part Time
Work in safety at the highest level and drive your career into motor sport and the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix!
At the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) we are a passionate team focused on the development, regulation, promotion and administration of motor sport across Australia. As the National Sporting Authority and custodian of four wheeled motor sport, we have developed a solid membership base and a dedicated team with a commitment to doing what’s best for the sport.
Reporting to the Risk and Compliance Manager, the WHS Advisor is responsible for providing operational and hands on support in relation to health, safety and medical matters within CAMS. The role focuses on the development, implementation and coordination of programs, policies and procedures relating to CAMS Work Health and Safety Management System, the CAMS Medical Framework and CAMS WHS involvement in the Australian Formula One Grand Prix. This role can be considered on a part-time basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the CAMS Work Health and Safety Management System
- Implementation of WHS and medical related projects, programs and policies
- Implementation of safety action plans
- Management and oversight of the CAMS Officials Safety Program at the Australian F1 Grand Prix
Skills and experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety (or working towards)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply HSE legislation including the relevant regulations and codes of practice
- Collaborative and the ability to persuade and gain cooperation from others
- Excellent organisation and planning skills to manage conflicting demands
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate, mentor and lead staff and volunteers
- Background knowledge and application of basic medical related matters is highly desirable along with exposure to motor sport, events or high risk environments
This an important role within CAMS and an excellent opportunity to be part of a focussed and growing organisation and industry. You will receive some great employee benefits including a suite of social and wellbeing activities, training and development opportunities and a flexible and supportive company culture.
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to Apply:
If you have a ‘can do’ attitude and the expertise to make a difference, visit our website at www.cams.com.au to access the Position Description under ‘About / Employment’. Please email your resume and a cover letter summarising your response to the selection criteria (as outlined in the Position Description) to Human Resources at email@example.com by 9am, Monday 14 August.
For further information, please contact the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2017
- VIC - Malvern East
- Work Type:
- Full Time