Professor of Evidence Based Nursing and Midwifery
The University of Newcastle (View other jobs from this organisation)
UON is a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. We offer an extraordinary environment to push boundaries and take ideas forward. No matter your professional background, you will find a community of minds eager to work together to explore new ideas and continually improve the way we perform. UON is a place where we encourage innovation, celebrate achievement and reflect on our practice to ensure we are striving for excellence. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a professor of Evidenced Based Nursing and Midwifery for a jointly funded position between the Mid-North Coast Local Health District and the University of Newcastle. This position is based at the Port Macquarie Base Hospital, Mid-North Coast Local Health District working across the district.
As the Professor of Evidence based Nursing you will:
- Provide leadership in advancing nursing and midwifery research and evidence based practice in the Mid-North Coast Local Health District and the School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Newcastle.
- Build the research capacity of nurses and midwives within Mid-North Coast Local Health District and the School and facilitate translational research initiatives.
- Advance research based articulation of clinical reasoning amongst nursing and midwifery staff.
- Foster a collaborative, dynamic, productive and globally competitive research environment.
- Increase cohort sizes of research higher degree graduates.
- Promote excellence in clinically oriented learning and teaching.
We seek someone with a strong academic profile in higher education including research, teaching and learning with an appropriate record of relevant publications both nationally and internationally. You will need to demonstrate eligibility for nursing registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and track record in attracting research funding. You should also have a keen interest and prior experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
You will hold a Doctoral qualification in Nursing and Midwifery and be able to provide evidence of nursing leadership in terms of converting vision to actions and outcomes.
Position closes: Sunday 4 January 2018
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jan 2018
- NSW - Port Macquarie
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Nursing - Midwife