Senior Research Officer, Evidence Synthesis and Knowledge Translation - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Institute of Family Studies (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Research Officer, Evidence Synthesis and Knowledge Translation
Full-time or Part-time (Minimum 0.8 FTE)
Ongoing or Non-ongoing
Are you a passionate and highly driven researcher with superior skills in evidence synthesis and content writing? Are you motivated to get the best available evidence into the hands of policy makers and practitioners to achieve better outcomes for families?
The Knowledge Translation and Impact team are looking for Senior Research Officers to synthesise evidence and produce publications and knowledge translation products relevant to the child, family and welfare sector.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
Our Child Family Community Australia (CFCA) information exchange is a primary source of quality, evidence-based information, research and resources for the child, family and community welfare sectors. CFCA provides a range of products and services that assist practitioners, policy makers and service providers to engage with the best available evidence. These include publications, webinars, fortnightly e-news and an enquiry helpdesk.
To be successful
- You have superior critical thinking, exceptional writing ability, strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
- You demonstrate experience with systematic literature searches and assessing the quality of evidence using established frameworks and tools.
- You are a confident communicator and have experience with multiple platforms such as conferences, webinars, workshops, teleconferences, stakeholder meetings and podcasts.
- You have experience with or in the child, family and community welfare sector.
- A relevant qualification in an appropriate social science discipline is preferable.
The successful applicant will share innovative ideas that help us to bridge the gap between ‘what we know and what we do.’ This key element helps us to ensure that the resources we produce meet the needs of the child, family and community welfare sector.
We will offer the Senior Research Officer, Evidence Synthesis and Knowledge Translation position on a non-ongoing basis for 12 months (with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of three years) on a full-time or part-time basis (0.8 FTE minimum). The position is at APS Level 5–6 with a salary range of $72,070 to $88,827 per annum (full-time equivalent) plus superannuation.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance
- Free and confidential counselling service for employees and dependents
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Discounted annual Myki card
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits.
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply for this job
For how to apply and to download a Position Description:
Applications close Friday 19 June 2020.
Email your AIFS Application form, CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Closing Date:
- 19 Jun 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Youth and Family Services
- APS Classification:
APS Level 5
APS Level 6