North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) is committed to making healthcare more accessible and culturally relevant. It works with community members to support social justice principles which afford all people the right to dignity, respect, and the highest quality of care. With the recent addition of Victoria’s first Medically Supervised Injecting Room, NRCH is dedicated to combating stigma and discrimination experienced by people who use drugs, and improving their quality of life.
NRCH provides a range of medical, allied health, dental and community services to clients from all backgrounds. We also provide specialist health services in other parts of Victoria, and work with health, government and community services around the country.
The General Manager – Primary Health (the Role - 3 years Tenure) will oversee the organisation’s ongoing operations and service development of Primary Health services. This includes the Medical Practice, Dental Practice, Allied Health, IMPAC services, Counselling and Casework, and the Centre for Ethnicity and Health. The Role will be part of the organisation’s Executive Management team and will work alongside the General Manager – Corporate services to assist the CEO meet the organisation’s Strategic Objectives.
This Role will also oversee, guide and direct the organisation’s Clinical Governance capacity and as such will bring to the table a suite of Clinical experience that can steer and manage the organisation’s compliance obligations.
This Role will also be responsible for providing comprehensive reporting on performance indicators to the Board of Directors and driving professional culture changes across the organisation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the NRCH Primary Health division at strategic and operational levels; including review of services provided, benchmarking with other similar organisations, expanding primary health profile, day to day management of primary health services, including comprehensive management of the Program budgets and staff.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external, who may contribute to enhancing primary health services within the region.
- Undertake, manage and be accountable for staff performance management, contractual compliance and embedding the Code of Conduct;
- Champion the organisation’s support of staff by advocating NRCH safety and wellbeing programs;
- Management of Primary Health compliance activities, reporting deadlines and accreditation requirements ensuring all standards of practice, policies, protocols and procedures are developed to specified standards
- Actively seek additional grants for expanding primary health services; with collaborative planning and submission writing with stakeholders, effective project management and timely reporting and evaluations.
- Manage the budget for the primary health division.
- Contribute to Executive management of the organisation through collaborative planning, reviews, evaluation and peer support.
- Support the organisation’s strategic plan and work to achieve its goals including; developing and monitoring an operational plan for the primary health division, addressing the strategic risks identified by the Executive team.
- Act as a resource person encouraging leadership, improvement, accountability and problem solving among staff, as well as fostering collaboration across the organisation.
- Deliver quality clinical advice to the Executive as appropriate and actively promote the quality principles.
- Ensure all nursing and non-nursing practices are consistent with established policies and protocols.
- Maintain competencies related to nursing practice and Occupational Safety and Health.
- Act as a resource for clinical matters and actively ensure the continuum of care across the full suite of NRCH Primary Health services.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability in creating work efficiencies, and initiating and evaluating quality improvement and best practice projects in a clinical environment
- Demonstrated advanced clinical knowledge and ability to identify business growth potential
- Demonstrated advanced skills in strategic and business planning processes, clinical planning and decision making
- Demonstrated effective skills in communication, team building and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in managing large teams
- High quality analytical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; and the ability to liaise with staff in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to establish standards, guidelines and principles in relation to the responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrated computer information communication technology skills and ability to use a variety of software
- Demonstrated understanding of Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO), Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and demonstrated knowledge and of Continuous Quality Improvement
A current Victorian Drivers Licence is also highly desirable.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check.
Please submit your application to email@example.com stating Job Title General Manager – Primary Health including a cover letter and your resume by close of business on Wednesday 19th February 2020.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.