In partnership with our client, the Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council we are proud to be recruiting for their CEO.
The CEO is the single point of accountability for the effective executive leadership and management of QAIHC.
Reporting directly to the Board, the CEO will provide central leadership for establishing the Community controlled sector as leaders for Closing the Gap in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health disadvantage in Queensland.
The role must charter the pathways; the appropriate models of engagement, new models of service delivery and devise the appropriate structures and infrastructure for Community controlled services and to operationalise the strategic vision and direction of QAIHC.
QAIHC has four main business divisions:
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Policy and Research.
- Sector Development.
- Corporate Services; and
- Commercial Services.
- Strategy and Advocacy
- Service Delivery
- Policy Analysis, Development and Advocacy
- Lead development of state-wide programs
- Member Support and Sector Development
- Financial Management
- Stakeholder management (both internal and external)
More detailed information around responsibilities is included in the Position Description (available upon request).Pre-requisite Skills & Experience:
- Highly advanced professional/executive management experience.
- Strategic development and evaluation of long-term alternatives and decision making.
- Understanding of relevant state and federal government decision making processes to drive agendas with Government Ministers and Departments.
- Advanced leadership, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sharp political and business acumen
- Exceptional relationship and advocacy skills and an ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders
- High level experience in policy and practice as it relates to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations and the issues facing them
- Ability to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values, and ways of doing business
- Tertiary qualification: Business, Health Services Management, or a related discipline
- C Class driver’s licence
- Must be able to travel within and out of state, including overnight stays where required
For the comprehensive position description or further details please contact Bryan Creith at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 0417 211 606
A competitive salary package including attractive health promotion salary packaging is on offer to the successful candidate.
This position has been identified
-it is an occupational requirement that this position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
as permitted and arguable under Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.Application process and requirements:
To enable us to assess your merit please include in your application;
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions
- Include your current resume, including the name and contact details of two (2) referees with a thorough knowledge of your conduct and performance over the last two (2) years; and
- Provide a short statement (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you fit ‘What we’re looking for (including Pre-requisite Skills & Experience) in this role and outlining what your motivation is to join QAIHC.
is a 100% Indigenous owned and managed agency providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions to the Australian Government, Corporate Australia and NFPs.
Our Head Office is based in Canberra with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people