Lifeline Darling Downs & South West Qld Ltd is an established leading not for profit employer of choice providing a suite of services to individuals and families in the thriving developing regional centre of Toowoomba as well as providing services to South West Qld including St George, Roma, Charleville and Cunnamulla.
Lifeline staff enjoy benefits such as salary packaging, generous leave entitlements and a supportive working environment.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect service (FaCC). The role has three discreet but complementary purposes:
- Actively engage with individuals and families contacting the service.
- Gather sufficient information, apply the Queensland Child Protection Guide, Practice Framework & Common Assessment Tools to assess the response type required and action accordingly.
- Provide information, advice, referral and linkage to relevant services, or through outreach, engage with families with multiple high level needs, and provide brief initial case management and intervention until the assessment and referral is finalised.
Position location: Charleville, Queensland
- $77K+ super
- Salary Packaging
- Part time (30.4 hours per week), Fixed Term until 30/06/21.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families
- Demonstrated experience working confidently and effectively across a range of service providers, both government and non-government, to negotiate high quality service provision to families who have complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and competing demands effectively in a challenging environment, resulting in efficient use of resources, sound outcomes for families and quality documentation for evaluation.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of Employment Equity, Ethical Conduct and Work Health & Safety.
- Demonstrated good communication skills both verbal and written, with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills negotiation and conflict resolution skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively support the Values, Principles and Purposes of LDDSWQL.
- Current Queensland “C” class drivers licence
- Working with Children Blue Card
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
The Position Description is available and can be obtained by emailing Alison Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0427 824 392
Please send your resume together with a 1-2 page letter responding to the Selection Criteria contained in the position description to email@example.com .