Sustainability Officer - Apply at Mercy Health
Mercy Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health is committed to making every effort to reach zero carbon emissions and to reduce our environmental impact over the next decade.
The Sustainability Officer, Health Services will provide leadership with respect to
- achieving optimum environmental outcomes at our two major hospitals (Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital); and
- progressively achieving best practice in sustainability in the areas of energy, waste, water, procurement, transport and capital works in line with best practice initiatives across Victoria’s public hospitals.
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants with a commitment to broad scale organisational change. This sustainability role will form an integral part of Health Services’ Fit for the Future program and will assist in the operationalisation of Caring for people and planet: Mercy Health’s strategic response to Laudato Si’: 2021-2026.
The successful applicant will be part of a growing team committed to driving sustainability and addressing climate change at Mercy Health. This permanent ongoing role is 0.8 EFT (30.4 hours per week) and reports to the Director, Fit for the Future.
You will have drive and enthusiasm to actively contribute to organisational change, in addition to:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science / environmental sustainability or similar
- Project and change management skills
- Experience in implementing sustainability initiatives and education programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Michelle Williams, Acting Director Fit for the Future
- 9458 4329
To view the position description or submit your application please follow the link https://mercyhealth.mercury.com.au/ and enter Job ID 15169
- Closing Date:
- 01 Oct 2021
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time