- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network - Lyell McEwin and Modbury Hospital - Obstetric & Gynaecology
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $328,245 - $608,859 p.a. pro rata - MD2 - Ongoing Part Time – Varying between 11.25 to 30 hours per week
Multiple positions are available within the Obstetric & Gynaecology department with varying responsibilities including rostering and termination of pregnancy services. FTE may vary between 0.30FTE and 0.80 FTE which is for discussion and negotiation during the appointment process.
As a Obstetrics & Gynaecology Consultant, you will be:
- Responsible for managing the care of all patients allocated to them in collaboration with the responsible Resident Medical Officers, Registrars, fellow Consultants, Midwives, Nurses and Allied Health professionals.
- Participating in after-hour on-call roster with both first and second on call commitments.
- Supervising and management of Labour ward.
- Management of Gynaecological emergencies.
- Involved in Continuous Quality Improvement activities, Auditing.
- Involved in continuing education activities.
- May be involved in the termination of pregnancy service.
- May be involved in overseeing consultant rostering.
- Flexibly in rostering arrangements which may include:
- Labour ward shifts
- Obstetrical and Gynaecological Clinics
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Theatre lists
- Junior doctor teaching and supervision
- AGU clinics
- Supervision of and Resource for Midwives
- Clinical research
- Provision of women's health care for women regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation
In this role you are required to hold a Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent. Appropriate Specialist Qualifications and registrable with the Medical Board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner with Specialist registration; or another qualification as defined in the SA Medical Officers Award.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 754328
754328 Obstetrics & Gynaecology Staff Specialist MD2 Job Pack.docx.pdf
Applications close: 25 Jun 2021 Cen. Australia Standard Time