Maternal and Child Health Nurse
Knox City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Knox MCH has a variety of Universal Maternal & Child Health Nurse employment opportunities available:
- 0.8 EFT (4 days per week) permanent
- 2 maternity leave backfill positions available for 12 months commencing April 2021
- casual positions
About the Team
The MCH Service teams comprise: Universal MCH - 26 nurses, Enhanced MCH program -5 multidisciplinary staff, Sleep & Settling program- 3 specialist staff, Early Years Support Offices – 4 skilled administrative staff.
All members of MCH work collaboratively with others across the broader Family & Children’s Services teams, and across Council to help to identify children and families who require further assessment, intervention, referral and/or support and bring families together, foster social networks, support playgroups and strengthen local community connections.
Opportunities to rotate through specialist programs: Sleep and settling; Special care nursery liaison and Enhanced MCH are available. A Graduate mentoring program is established providing additional support to new graduate MCH Nurses.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a broad understanding of family dynamics and societal complexities
- Experience working with families from a broad spectrum of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of MCH program standards, Key Ages and Stages framework and MCH guidelines and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of Child and Family Violence Information Sharing Schemes and risk assessment frameworks
- Have well-developed skills in Child Development Information Systems (CDIS) and Electronic Data Management Systems.
- Current registration with the AHPRA as a registered Nurse and a registered midwife and also hold recognised qualifications in Maternal and child health nursing
Knox City Council aspires to be an organisation that is values based, empowers leaders, enables people to make a difference and has a culture of learning and high performance. Council believes that the values, attributes and skills that each staff member brings to the organisation underpin its culture, and will ultimately result in the achievement of Council’s Vision
Benefits working at Knox:
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Physio services with complementary sessions.
- Wellness program - which includes health plan benefits.
This role attracts an annual salary of $104,514.46 - $107,314.84 (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation.
To apply please provide a resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience, knowledge with reference to the selection criteria and let us know why this position is a perfect fit for you.
Short listed applicants will be required to bring certified copies of their qualifications and registrations to the interview.
Applications close 11:45pm, Sunday 16 May 2021.
To view a copy of the position description please visit our Knox City Council Careers Page.
Any questions please contact email@example.com
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
- Closing Date:
- 16 May 2021
- VIC - Knox City Centre
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Maternal and Child Health
Nursing - Midwife