Purchasing Policy and Compliance Manager
HealthShare Victoria (HSV) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Purchasing Policy and Compliance Manager
About HealthShare Victoria
HealthShare Victoria (HSV) is a state-wide organisation that partners with Victoria’s public health services and suppliers to coordinate strategic procurement. Over the last 12 months, we have delivered over $120 million in benefits to health services, and have over $1.16 billion in value under contract. We also played an important role in the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 pandemic response, securing essential personal protective equipment and life-saving equipment to support our health system’s readiness for the crisis.
We are now entering an exciting new phase in our organisational growth as we expand to deliver state-wide, end-to-end supply chain, which includes the opening of a 22,500 square metre distribution centre that will serve as Victoria’s new medical consumables supply chain hub.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk, this role is responsible for driving a program of work enabling HSV to fulfil its legislative functions under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic) (“the Act”) to:
- Develop, implement and review policies and procedures to promote best value and probity;
- Monitor compliance by public hospitals with purchasing policies and HSV directions and report irregularities to the Minister;
- Ensure that probity is maintained in the purchasing tendering and contracting activities of public hospitals.
Key areas of accountability
- Managing the delivery of the HSV Compliance Framework and developing strategies, systems and procedures to improve Purchasing Policy and HSV collective agreement compliance.
- Managing HSV’s graduated approach for responding to compliance issues with the HSV Health Purchasing Policies (the escalation framework).
- Managing the Purchasing Policies, including review and amendment processes to ensure best practice is maintained and adherence to legislative requirements.
- Providing probity leadership and implement education initiatives to improve awareness of probity by mandated health services.
- Providing advice and guidance to external stakeholders on external policies, compliance requirements and the management of probity issues for health services.
- Building the capability and capacity of HSV staff to educate and support health services with HSV’s compliance and probity requirements.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships with external agencies to ensure best practice in HSV’s policy, probity, and compliance functions.
- Completing ongoing reporting and advice to the HSV Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee (FARMC) and Board on HSV’s Purchasing Policy compliance and probity functions.
Please review the position description on the HSV website for more details.
What you will bring
- Qualification compliance, law or policy (postgraduate desirable).
- Experience in health, government and/or procurement desirable.
- Proven experience in a policy, compliance or regulatory role.
- Experience in managing a compliance program.
- Experience drafting policies, procedures, and developing and implementing new processes and systems.
- Proven experience in analysing audit outcomes/results and creating high-quality management reports targeted to meet the recipients needs including Board and Executives.
- Knowledge of public sector management processes.
Further information about HSV and a detailed position description is available via the HealthShare Victoria Website.
Please submit your application via Seek
We look forward to hearing from you!
HSV is an all-inclusive employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, LGBTI and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
Probity checks are also conducted in the latter stages of the recruitment process. Applicants requiring flexible working arrangements including part-time hours will be considered.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time