Assistant Director- Health Research - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
APS Level 6, Executive Level 1
$82,282 - $117,305 (plus Super)
Campbell Park - ACT
Joint Health Command are seeking experienced professionals with a background in Health Research. We are currently looking for a candidate who could fill the following role:
An EL1 Assistant Director Health Research. The Assistant Director manages a small specialist research team tasked with commissioning, undertaking and collaborating on Defence mental health research projects and leading the translation and application of research findings into current ADF health policy, programs, practice and promotion initiatives. The position manages mental health research projects in collaboration with research institutions and other government departments.
We currently have one ongoing position available however we will be creating a merit pool for expected ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies over the next 12 months.
About our Team
Joint Health Command (JHC) provides a joint health effect to enable ADF capability and care for our people. Through the delivery of best practice health services, JHC enables a healthy, ready, and supported Force from enlistment through to transition. As part of Joint Capabilities Group, we make a direct contribution to the ADF’s operational capability and provide crucial support to the warfighter. Health Research is defined as an enabler in the ADF Health Strategy and linked to key functions within Joint Health Command and broader Defence community.
The Directorate is responsible for strategic Defence health research, including Defence health research governance, support to health research initiatives, and health research dissemination and translation. The team identifies and manages strategic health research priorities as well as engaging with internal and external research partners to undertake health research design, delivery and support to JHC. Directorate responsibilities include conducting, commissioning and facilitating health research, including quantitative and qualitative research, data management, analysis and reporting.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position requires expert knowledge of health research design, statistical methods, analysis and applied research skills.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Have excellent writing skills, including the ability to explain complex technical ideas clearly and succinctly
- Be able to demonstrate your capacity to engage positively with stakeholders and negotiate beneficial outcomes
- Be able to demonstrate people management skills and ability to collaborate with a range of professionals
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in undertaking and delivering applied health-related research, including research design, statistical analysis and reporting
- Be passionate about fostering evidence-based policy, programs and practice.
As an EL1 Assistant Director you will also:
- Have demonstrated experience managing a team delivering mental health-related research in collaboration with research partners,
- Have demonstrated your ability to lead a high performing, cohesive team
Application Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021
For further information please review the job information pack, reference JCG/02340/21 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=4FFC135E-AAEB-7E49-6580-BF78EFDA3795
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jun 2021
- $82,282 - $117,305 (plus Super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6