Workplace Health and Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Apunipima Cape York Health Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health and Safety Officer
Location: Cairns servicing Cape York communities
Status: Full Time Permanent
Salary: $87,420 - $96,787 p.a. + super
The filling of this position is specified. Applicants must provide contact details or a written reference from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who is willing to support their application. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are exempt from this requirement.
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is a community controlled Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health service, which provides culturally appropriate, family centred, Primary Health Care services to the communities and people of Cape York.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Workforce Manager, you will provide expert workplace health and safety (WHS) advice and services to the Apunipima workforce. You will work closely with managers and employees to ensure legal compliance with relevant legislation and provide high level support, direction and guidance on workplace health and safety matters.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in WHS or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a WHS position
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator qualification
- Experience completing investigations and risk assessments, submitting WorkCover claims and developing return to work plans
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs
- Current Blue Card positive notice or exemption, or willing and able to obtain prior to commencement
Apunipima is a great place to work, with opportunities to grow and develop and an environment of respect. As Workplace Health and Safety Officer, you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package, collaborative workplace, 5 weeks annual leave, annual leave loading, generous salary packaging options, study leave opportunities, flexible work practices, financial assistance for relocation (as applicable) and more.
How to Apply
Don't miss the opportunity to join Apunipima. If you're interested in this role, visit our website to view the Position Description and submit your application Work For Us (apunipima.org.au), including your resume, referee details (professional and specified) and answers to the screening questions. Applications close on Sunday, 2 May 2021.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, or if you have any questions, please contact Courtney Peck, Workforce Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4037 7242.
Vacancy Reference Number: 6816
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is an equal opportunity employer
- Closing Date:
- 02 May 2021
- QLD - Cairns
- $87,420 - $96,787 p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time