Injury Management Advisor
Injury Management Advisor
- Are you an experienced Injury Management Advisor looking for a new challenge?
- Can you provide case management support to ill and injured employees?
- Join CSIRO's HSE today and help us make HSE personal!
CSIRO's Health and Wellbeing Team delivers expert support, management and advice pertaining to ill or injured employees and endeavours to facilitate and maximise positive outcomes for individuals and the organisation, with a specific focus on preventing and mitigating future physical or psychosocial risks.
The Injury Management Advisor (IMA) reports to the Health Manager and is responsible for providing case management support to injured and ill employees under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (SRC Act 1998), also known as Comcare. Case management is also provided for non-work-related injury and illness. The IMA provides expert rehabilitation advice and coaching to stakeholders to drive improvements in injured worker rehabilitation outcomes, injured worker satisfaction, and Return to Work (RTW) outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- Implementing, monitoring, reviewing and managing individual rehabilitation programs and Return to Work (RTW) plans with a focus on minimising time lost and costs associated with work-related injuries.
- Performing injury management services by designing, supporting and facilitating the end-to-end rehabilitation and case management of injured or ill CSIRO people.
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements under the SRC Act for rehabilitation programs, including the design and determination of rehabilitation plans, creation and monitoring of the rehabilitation plans and development of RTW plans.
- Providing advice and support to leaders and HR in effecting the injury management program and ensure the wellbeing of employees by assisting injured/ill CSIRO people in the RTW process.
- Facilitating and supporting the RTW with work-related and non-work-related injuries and illnesses, using expertise to maximise return to work outcomes, in accordance with CSIRO policies, procedures, and relevant legislation.
Location: Melbourne, VIC or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary degree in a related allied health discipline (e.g., physiotherapy, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, etc.) with at least 3-5 years demonstrated experience in workplace rehabilitation and RTW management within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and use of RTW and rehabilitation case management systems.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE and RTW outcomes.
- History of interpreting legislation and regulatory standards to proactively identify RTW and rehabilitation problems and appropriately respond to issue.
- Ability to enable positive organisational change, by advising strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety.
- Professional oral and written communication with the ability to communicate as a trusted advisor and foster effective client relationships
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 6 May 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 06 May 2021
- AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time