HSE Health Manager
HSE Health Manager
- Are you a qualified, experienced HSE leader?
- Are you passionate about employee wellbeing and safety?
- Join CSIRO's HSE today and help us make HSE personal!
The Health Manager role is a critical management role in the Health and Wellbeing team and reports to the Executive Manager, Health and Wellbeing. The role is responsible for managing, supporting, and directing the team of Injury Management Advisors (IMAs).
This team will provide tailored support to define, establish, implement, and maintain an approach to manage CSIRO’s injury management and RTW by driving positive outcomes for CSIRO people, whilst mitigating the financial, legal, and reputational risks associated with these areas across the organisation more broadly.
In addition to leading the IMA team and partnering with CSIRO leadership, the Health Manager will develop, drive and implement high level initiatives and mechanisms to proactively support the organisation in improving the organisation’s psychological wellbeing.
Your duties will include:
- Driving and proactively supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategic plan through the delivery of priority health and wellbeing management activities, initiatives, and education, with a focus on organisational consistency.
- Leading positive partnerships with HSE team, HR, and other internal stakeholders through developing knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s health and wellbeing needs, including physical and psychosocial, and tailoring solutions.
- Utilising and leveraging the expertise in allied health to provide high-quality advice and to guide, support and empower IMAs to support HSE and HR employees to develop solutions to complex and challenging psychological and physical Health matters and taking ownership of complex cases.
- Partnering with BU Leaders and HR to understand their BU risk profile to devise strategic health and wellbeing projects and continually improve the preventative and RTW processes, adding value by remaining open to feedback and evolving risks.
- Championing a culture of continuous HSE improvement across the organisation to develop innovative programs to improve the physical and psychological wellbeing of CSIRO people.
- Managing, supporting and advising the IMA team on RTW programs and, at times complex, RTW plan implementation, ensuring successful RTW outcomes, monitoring and reviewing time lost and associated costs, and ensuring the delivery of a strong health and wellbeing service.
Location: Melbourne, VIC or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health, Health Safety and Environment or another relevant discipline; extensive knowledge of Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (1988), and at least 5 to 10 years relevant demonstrated experience leading a team in case management, injury and RTW management within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of occupational rehabilitation, RTW and the practical application of associated legal requirements.
- Experience in leading HSE teams and Injury Management Advisors to achieve team goals and outputs.
- Proven ability to coach and build as the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where case management, rehabilitation and RTW management is considered, ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Ability to influence teams and internal and external stakeholders on contentious HSE matters to provide a seamless organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
- Experience in influencing and effecting impact on case management, rehabilitation and RTW management and changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A record of innovation and creativity in case management, rehabilitation and RTW management.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 6 May 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 06 May 2021
- AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time