HSE Claims Specialist
HSE Claims Specialist
- Are you an experienced HSE Claims Specialist looking for a new opportunity?
- Can you provide expert advice, coaching and support to CSIRO leaders around Comcare claims management?
- Join CSIRO's HSE team today and help us make HSE personal!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. The Health and Wellbeing Team delivers expert support, management and advice pertaining to ill or injured employees and endeavours to facilitate and maximise positive outcomes for individuals and the organisation, with a specific focus on preventing and mitigating future physical or psychosocial risks.
The Claims Specialist reports to the Executive Manager – Health and Wellbeing and will be tasked with providing tailored support to define, establish, implement, and maintain an approach to manage CSIRO’s Comcare claims. Success in this role will entail driving positive outcomes for employees, whilst mitigating the financial, legal, and reputational risks associated with Comcare claims across the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with Comcare to assist in claim determination and tailor advice and reports to allow Comcare to make appropriate determinations, correcting problems that occur promptly and in a constructive manner.
- Proactively supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategic plan through the delivery of priority Health and Wellbeing management activities, initiatives, and education, with a focus on organisational consistency.
- Using technical expertise to lead claim determination and ongoing claims management to deliver a comprehensive and effective approach to the management of Comcare claims across the entire CSIRO portfolio.
- Providing expert advice, coaching and support to leaders and HR pertaining to Comcare claims case management.
- Building, managing and maintaining relationships with Comcare, CSIRO Legal, IME’s and WRP’s to ensure effective support is available as required in the management of claims/ claim related issues to enhance service delivery on claims management.
Location: Melbourne, VIC or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$98,735 - AU$106,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a similar role in claims, Return to Work (RTW) and HSE management within large or complex organisations, including a minimum of 3 years demonstrated Comcare claims experience.
- Experience in influencing and effecting impactful on Comcare claims and HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A proven ability to coach and build as the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where injury and claims management together with HSE is considered ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety.
- A strong working history of understanding goals and targets, taking accountability, driving outcomes, delivering on commitments, and producing results.
- Ability to influence teams and internal and external stakeholders on contentious HSE matters to provide a seamless organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategic plan.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 6 May 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 06 May 2021
- AU$98,735 - AU$106,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time