Digital Program Manager - Melbourne Genomics - [Archived Advertisement]
Digital Program Manager - Melbourne Genomics
- Drive project delivery & operational excellence in the healthcare sector
- Broad collaboration & engagement across Victorian hospitals & research institutions
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
Melbourne Genomics is an alliance of leading hospitals and research institutions, including CSIRO, working to embed genomics in the health system. Melbourne Genomics has shown how genomic medicine can provide answers, change treatment and save lives and is now supporting hospitals, clinicians and scientists to make genomic medicine a reality for all Victorians. GenoVic, a world-first clinical system to manage all aspects of a genomic test, has been developed by the Alliance to support Victorian clinical laboratories.
The Digital Program Manager will report to the Innovation and Technology Lead, to drive project delivery, operational excellence, and a high-performance culture. The Program Manager will be responsible for the operations, project management, business analysis and development functions that support GenoVic.
Your duties will include:
- Collaboratively design and lead the implementation of the technology strategy and roadmap, including the prioritisation process and the overall solution architecture.
- Be responsible for GenoVic planning, prioritisation and reporting activities, project delivery, and quality assurance, including oversight of the budget and effective use of resources across the operations, project management, business analysis and development teams to ensure delivery to agreed time, cost, scope and quality measures.
- Strategic vendors and stakeholder management to deliver agreed outputs and outcomes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the teams to ensure quality and timely delivery of project deliverables across the lifecycle.
- Undertake all relevant HR duties including day to day management of the team and ongoing performance development, including ensuring resource and task allocation is equitable and the balance between operational and support activities and project activities is actively monitored and managed.
- Oversee the management and undertaking of operational, support and maintenance activities and reporting against agreed service standards.
- In conjunction with the Alliance executive, ensure adoption of appropriate data governance and data management principles, frameworks, and practices.
Location: Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria
Salary: AU$139k – AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree or equivalent work experience in technology, business or project management.
- Experience in healthcare settings and an understanding of clinical systems used in laboratories and hospitals, preferably within the Victorian or Australian context.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills ideally with clinical, research and other healthcare personnel. Experience in building and maintaining relationships across an Alliance of organisations negotiating outcomes for mutual benefit.
- Proven ability to create high-performing teams, inspire and lead, and maximise the skills and experience of team members to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through strategic, effective, and timely decision making. Proven influencing skills and problem-solving skills.
- Project and program management experience in complex, multi-stakeholder, multi-discipline environments.
- Successful delivery of complex software development and implementation projects into clinical and/or research environments.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 July 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jul 2021
- VIC - Parkville
- AU$139k – AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: