Lecturer in Physiotherapy
University of Tasmania (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Launceston, Hobart, or Burnie
- Fractional appointment options considered for candidates who wish to continue working in a public or private clinical practice.
The Allied Health Expansion Program is part of the School of Health Sciences, designed to support the creation of new opportunities to better support the Allied Health labour force needs in Tasmania.
Working as part of a state-wide team to design and deliver core components of our suite of allied health courses within the School of Health Sciences, and undertake teaching, research and service activities with a range of disciplines and units.
- Make a contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake scholarly coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Provide high quality physiotherapy assessment and intervention for clients.
- Facilitate quality work-integrated learning (WIL) experience for students.
- Undertake high-quality research aligned with the School and College strategic plans.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Registration as a Physiotherapist with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia, under the auspices of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Authority (AHPRA).
- Clinical expertise with recency or currency in at least one of: musculoskeletal, cardiorespiratory, or neurological physiotherapy practice.
- Completion of a Masters degree in a relevant health discipline.
- Completion of a PhD qualification in a health-related field is desirable; however exceptions may be made for individuals with extraordinary professional competence and industry or clinical skills and experience.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- Commitment to impactful research that has made contributions to allied health.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $136,519 comprising base salary within the range of $100,508 to $116,683 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply:
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Professor Nuala Byrne, Head of School, Nuala.Byrne@utas.edu.au or 03 6324 5413
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Thursday, 29 July 2021, 11.55pm
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jul 2021
- $100,508 to $116,683 plus 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time