$106,988 plus 10% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Manager Safety and Wellbeing you will provide senior level strategic and operational advice on compliance with City of Melbourne's Safety Management System. This would include developing and implementing strategies that assist people leaders to lead work practices that keep our employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors safe and well.
You will be required to provide expert advice and coaching to people leaders on all OHS, injury management and return to work matters. It is essential that you are able to build strong working relationships that will enable you to partner with the organisational leaders to effectively impart information, negotiate outcomes and influence actions to maintain a positive safe culture.
We are looking for someone who can build great stakeholder relationships, who is collaborative, technically skilled and experienced working within a complex and risk-diverse environment.
Fundamental requirements of the role are as follows:
- Contribute to the ongoing delivery of the safety and wellbeing strategy.
- Independently lead and implement strategic safety and wellbeing initiatives and reporting of those initiatives.
- Provide expert advice and coaching to people managers and staff on all OHS, injury management and return to work matters.
- Deliver operational activities required of the safety team, including coaching, training, assessments and activities associated with compliance of City of Melbourne‘s safety management system.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies and processes to align to best practice.
- Develop and deliver effective training programs and support material to inform managers and staff to ensure compliance with City of Melbourne‘s safety management system.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level (or higher) in OHS and/or allied health.
- Substantial and proven industry experience in providing high level strategic and operational advice on compliance to relevant OHS, rehabilitation and compensation legislation including within a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and developing safety management system policies and procedures for an organisation with a diverse risk profile.
- Sound understanding and application of relevant legislation and the OH&S and Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Acts.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and implement programs and activities aligned with strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple activities within a time pressured and structured reporting framework.
- High level relationship building and stakeholder management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations and client needs which are often of a competing nature.
- Highly developed analytical, lateral thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to take the initiative, drive change and continual improvement.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply for this position please visit the City of Melbourne career page, link below:
Please address your covering letter to Gina Hough, Manager Safety Wellbeing, People Culture and Leadership
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 25 July 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.