Comcare releases sedentary work practices toolkit
National workplace safety agency Comcare has released its sedentary work practices toolkit, a collection of information, guidance materials and templates that can help workplaces develop and apply a strategy to reduce prolonged sitting in the workplace.
Comcare has warned that prolonged sitting poses significant risks to the health of workers and the organisations they work for, including chronic disease and early death for workers and loss of productivity for organisations.
More information on the risks of sedentary work practices and cost-effective strategies to reduce risks and promote work health is below.
- Fact sheet: Implementing a program to reduce sedentary work practices—checklist
- Fact sheet: Strategies to help you stand up, sit less, move more
- Fact sheet: The business case for reducing sedentary work practices
- Poster: Healthy workplace tip—drink water, stand up
- Poster: Healthy workplace tip—stand during meetings
- Poster: The dangers of prolonged sitting