Senior Advisor Safeguarding Children and Young People - [Archived Advertisement]
Yarra City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Advisor Safeguarding Children and Young People
Permanent Full Time (Flexible)
$101,935 - $113,968 + super + RDO
Are you passionate about driving organisational change and ensuring safeguarding objectives are embedded in business practice and continuously improved?
Are you an experienced practitioner who has worked directly with children and young people, particularly those who are vulnerable or at-risk?
Are you well versed in the Victorian Child Safe Standards, Reportable Conduct Scheme and related child wellbeing and safety legislation?
Are you experienced in organisational development and able to successfully influence others towards a culture of child safety?
If so, then this may be the job for you! Reporting directly to the Coordinator Diversity and Inclusion, we are seeking an accomplished professional to lead the Safeguarding Children and Young People portfolio at Yarra City Council.
About the Role
The Senior Advisor Safeguarding Children and Young People position sits within the Organisational Culture, Capability and Diversity Branch within the People and Culture Division.
In this role you will be part of a small team of passionate professionals committed to working together to mobilise organisational and social change with a focus on building a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace where all people feel safe, valued and that they belong.
The Senior Advisor Safeguarding Children and Young People will lead the implementation of the new Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislative obligations at the City of Yarra and is responsible for building compliance maturity and continuous improvement.
To thrive in this role you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology/Social Work/Youth Work/Public Policy/Community Services or related discipline with several years' relevant experience working with children and young people, particularly those who are vulnerable or at-risk
- Expert level understanding of the Victorian Child Safe Standards, Reportable Conduct Scheme and related legislation, and experience in their practical application across a complex work environment
- High level knowledge of child welfare/child protection system and demonstrated ability to liaise confidently with employees and relevant authorities on matters of a sensitive and specialist nature
- High level ability to lead and influence organisational and community safeguarding objectives
- Demonstrated project management skills including high level administrative, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated skills and experience in strategy, policy and system design, consultation and implementation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to adapt communications, build relationships and gain cooperation of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience overseeing or coordinating Reportable Conduct investigations will be an advantage
At Yarra we embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. We work a hybrid model of home and office, with the addition of work pattern flexibility.
We pride ourselves on providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment where you will be encouraged to innovate and embed new ways of working.
In this role you will also have the opportunity for genuine engagement and collaboration across all levels of the business, including access to the Executive team to propose safeguarding strategies that will make a positive difference across the organisation and community. You will also have access to a competitive salary and leave entitlements, extensive career development and leadership programs, and access to a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
For further information see the position description or contact Catherine Keating, Coordinator Diversity and Inclusion on 9205 5135.
Applications close on 06 AUGUST 2022.
In your application, the selection panel will assess your CV against the technical skills, abilities, and qualifications of the Position Description as well as your cover letter which includes several paragraphs using the 'SOA approach' to demonstrate your understanding of the role and overall ability to meet the behaviours, knowledge, skills and personal qualities asked for in the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages). Please note a separate document addressing each of the KSC in detail is not required.
*This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check, evidence of a Covid-19 double dose vaccination and Working with Children Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Yarra City Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Yarra City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and supports flexible and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer. We draw pride and strength from our diversity, remain open to new approaches and actively foster an inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our people.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Aug 2022
- $101,935 - $113,968 + super + RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Community Health and Safety
Social Work/Human Services
Youth and Family Services