Director of Nursing
Small Animal Specialist Hospital (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director of Nursing
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is the largest privately owned network of veterinary referral hospitals in Australia. SASH also has the largest hospital in the southern hemisphere in our network, being our flagship hospital in North Ryde (Sydney). The team believes the highest standards in veterinary care are achieved when clinical expertise is delivered by compassionate, motivated people in a caring and supportive environment. Inspired by the special bond between pets and their families, the team constantly strive to help pets and their families live their best life.
Being part the way through a hospital refurbishment, the team have also revamped the nurse team structure! Having introduced Nurse Unit Managers for each department, team leaders and senior nurses, we’ve also developed a network wide leadership role for our nursing team, SASH’s first Director of Nursing.
To learn more about SASH, please click on the links below:
The Director of Nursing will oversee the nursing team across Australia and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of SASH who sits on the SASH Group Leadership Team. Working closely with each hospital, you will work to ensure teams are engaged, providing gold standard care to patients and exceeding client expectations. This exciting role involves, but is not limited to:
- Work to develop the vision and strategy for nursing across the SASH network, driving implementing and supporting training and development initiatives
- Collaborating with the broader Group Operations Team to find synergies, consistency in policy and procedures regarding how we run our hospitals.
- Delivering the best patient care possible through nursing excellence, implementing a roadmap for continuous improvement to ensure SASH is always a leader in patient care.
- setting, applying and monitoring patient care standards for reporting to the leadership team and the Board of Directors
- Delivery of financial targets, budgets, and forecasts
SASH is seeking an experienced leader who has a strong track record in delivering excellence in animal healthcare, who is also a great leader of people. You will be able to demonstrate a track record in the following:
- Delivering a vision and leadership of large highly performing nursing teams
- Patient advocacy and maintenance of high quality care across a complex operating environment
- Ability to motivate and engage direct and indirect reports, holding people accountable for their results, making tough calls in a constructive way.
- Ability to lead continuous improvement of nursing operations and execute change (processes, systems, ways of working).
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and effectively balance competing demands in a professional manner.
- Showing compassion and care for patients, clients, and our people.
- Demonstrated desire and drive to pursue professional and personal development.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively relate to people across all roles and levels of the organisation.
What's in it for You:
You will be joining SASH at a very exciting time with the network due to open 2 more hospitals in the next 12 months. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding and this role is central in supporting SASH on our mission to enrich the lives of our patients and their families.
- Excellent salary packaging
- Opportunity to be part of setting a national standard for nursing
- Be involved in supporting industry wide excellence
- New parents policy, including paid parental leave
- Team member discounts and social events
- A committed and supportive leadership team
- Collaborative team environment.
For more information or a confidential conversation, please contact Alex Vatsaklis
To apply, please click the “apply now” link.
- NSW - North Ryde
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Veterinary/ Animal Science