- Support the Simplot goal of 'Targeting Zero'
- Safety & OHS Risk Management / Cultural Change
- Food Manufacturing Operations, located in Pakenham, Vic
Simplot Australia, proudly one of Australia's leading FMCG food companies, is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food to the region. Home to some of Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot locally manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods.
Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd, and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
We now have an opportunity for a Safety, Health & Wellbeing Manager to join our Pakenham team. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager with dotted-line responsibility to the OHS Manager - Supply Chain, this role is instrumental in ensuring the business maintains a strong commitment to continuous improvement in Safety, Health and Wellbeing (SHW).
You will provide technical Safety & OHS Risk Management through implementation of the Workplace Health and Safety program, supporting line management in delivering the Simplot strategy within the site.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Build a performance culture where all managers and employees are accountable and aligned with the Guiding Principles of the business.
- Use effective influencing skills to further engage the entire site in improving their behavioural based safety focus.
- Support the site in delivery aligned with legislative requirements and leadership of the site's WorkCover and Injury Management programs.
- Drive performance and safe operations by working to improve and reinforce the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the team.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert to the Pakenham OHS committee and lead the development of continuous improvement strategies and plans.
- Ensure engagement of site HSRs in programs and initiatives introduced at site.
- Provide periodic reporting on occupational health, safety and environmental performance.
- Coordinate OHS compliance inspections.
- Lead incident investigation and reporting activities.
- Partner with the Pakenham HR Manager for the management of work and non-work related injury and illness, as well as safety issues.
Degree qualified with a postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, you hold extensive industry experience in a manufacturing environment. You hold a substantial working knowledge of OH&S /Workers Compensation law, hazard identification, risk assessment, risk control principles and their practical application to plant, equipment, processes, property, environment and other risk exposures within the business. It will be your great communication skills, ability to influence and effectiveness in managing change that will ensure your success in the rollout of the high-level strategy whilst still 'walking-the-floor' and working cross functionally across a diverse range of stakeholders and team members. Most importantly, you will have resilience in supporting the effort of the site to reach its goal of 'Targeting Zero'.
If this sounds like you, please Apply today.