Ambulance Victoria's (AV) mission is to improve the health of our community by delivering innovative, high quality ambulance services and providing exceptional clinical care. If you're looking to add value and contribute to positive outcomes in the community, then this role is for you. An exciting opportunity has just become available at Ambulance Victoria (AV) for a Management Accountant.
Based in Doncaster but currently working remotely, this is a 14 month fixed term Parental Leave opportunity. The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Transformation and Strategy's business and commercial business management function.
About the role
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake a range of financial management responsibilities including budget phasing, variance reporting, cost modelling, forecasting and analysis
- Coordinate and submit monthly reporting on behalf of the Transformation & Strategy with specific emphasis on identifying trends, providing analysis and commentary for all variances identified
- Identify opportunities to automate and reduce or eliminate manual processing, proposing opportunities for efficiencies in receipt, validation, payment and communications
- Identify and escalate any significant issues or deviations exceeding tolerable variance with Senior Commercial Manager from planned and budgeted activities
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders specifically within AV's Finance Department
- Facilitate costings to inform business cases for the Division
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will bring to this role experience and expertise that allows you to develop constructive relationships with internal stakeholders and provide pragmatic solutions to the business in consultative manner. Your extensive experience in budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting and cost modelling will be highly desirable.
The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience in a similar industry in either Management Accounting or a Business Analyst type role which is also supported by a relevant tertiary qualification.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have a current Victorian Driver's Licence and will, if required, travel throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. Successful applicants will also be required to make a Statutory Declaration and undertake an Australian National Criminal Check in conjunction with other pre-employment checks.
AV has introduced salary bands, and this position is graded at AV4. The AV grade salary range for an AV4 position is $93,819 - $117,413 pa plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to provide a covering letter, a resume, and a document addressing the following criteria:
- Well-developed analytical and communication skills
- Relationship building skills to take appropriate action to develop strong and collaborative relationships
- Ability to self-prioritise workload and be comfortable in a dynamic, changing environment
- Desirable advanced excel skills and modelling skills
Please ensure you read the position description and the ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' document which are available on our Careers page. For any enquiries please email email@example.com
We request that your application for the role is forwarded by 5pm Tuesday 26th January 2021, by clicking on ‘Apply online'. Please note that applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"