- Provide administrative services and operational support to the Faculty to enable research activity and the development of the Faculty’s research profile
- Multiple vacancies located at Faculty of Medicine and Health at Camperdown Campus
- Fixed term, full-time opportunities with base salary $86Kp.a, leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity?
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for Research Support Officers to join the Research Unit at the Faculty of Medicine and Heath, Camperdown campus.
You will be responsible for the implementation of initiatives that support the Faculty’s strategic research priorities, assisting in the development of competitive grants applications, and supporting researchers and other support staff on post-award grant management. Offering support and operational advice on research issues to the Researchers and key stakeholders within the work area.
This role may require to travel between locations.
Under the broad direction the Manager, Strategic Direction or Research Support Lead, Precinct, some of your responsibilities will be:
- assist in identifying research income opportunities relevant to the Faculty’s research priorities and raise awareness among researchers of appropriate funding opportunities
- provide support for research funding applications
- work with the Business Development Manager, Manager, Research Enterprise, Research Manager, Strategic Development and other key stakeholders to foster collaborative, multidisciplinary and strategic research
- support researchers to develop project budgets for applications in line with University and funder requirements
- coordinate administrative services and support in research data collection and reporting for the work area.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Research Support Officers who possesses the below experience:
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2025/0919F-1 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 19 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment