Clinical Trials Program Manager
The University of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Clinical Trials Program Manager
- Full time 3 years fixed term
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Trial Program Manager to join the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre located at Medical Foundation Building, Camperdown
- Base Salary $129,847 - $137,008 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is a flagship academic research organisation within the University of Sydney. The CTC conducts large, multicentre, and international investigator-initiated clinical trials, takes part in trials of national and international collaborative groups and contributes expertise to trials run by others. The research conducted by the CTC covers a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology, diabetology, nephrology, neonatal and perinatal health, and currently a number of exciting projects investigating treatments for COVID-19. Conduct of academic research may adopt different models from the pharmaceutical industry and contract research organisations models, so we encourage those with a can-do attitude, looking to take on a new challenge, to apply.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work closely with Senior professional clinical trial staff, Senior academics, Clinical Trial Program Manager and various internal and external stakeholders
- provide high-level strategic and managerial support to the clinical trial operations at the CTC ie providing strategic and operational support and advice on all aspects of clinical trial management
- contribute to the development and maintenance of systems, materials and procedures required to support the conduct of clinical trials
- oversee allocation and expenditure of budgets across the clinical trials within the assigned program and pursue funding and resourcing opportunities to support clinical trials
- provide associated HR needs suitable to manage and develop expert, independently operating staff members
- you are enthusiastic, motivated to succeed and enjoy working with diverse groups of people, in a role that lets you foster a positive team culture and rewarding clinical trial outcomes
- minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in clinical trial management, as clinical trial project manager, clinical research department head, or similar role
- hold financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- superior knowledge of clinical trial requirements during their lifecycle from start up to close out, including a detailed understanding of the regulatory and ethical approval process across Australia
- profound knowledge of ICH Guidelines and Good Clinical Practice
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
We reward our employees with terrific range of benefits which include:
- Flexible work arrangements: varied start/finish times
- Hybrid working: enjoy a combination of working from home and the office
- Great leave conditions: one day off a month as an SDO, annual leave loading and paid parental leave for eligible staff members
- Wellbeing programs: discounted gym membership (Fitness Passport)
- Career development opportunities: Extensive free online training programs, study leave and internal development opportunities.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Jun 2023
- NSW - Camperdown
- $129,847 - $137,008 + 17% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time