Director FinanceHealth Service senior executive Band 1Northern NSW Local Health DistrictLismore location Role Outline
The Director Finance is responsible for planning and reporting on the use of financial resources, monitoring of the Local Health District’s (LHD’s) budget performance including extensive management reporting to the LHD Executive, Governing Board and the Ministry of Health. Ownership and submission of statutory and professional reporting requirements of the LHD including addressing audit matters and ensuring appropriate financial management controls and practices consistent with Ministry of Health and LHD financial management policies and directions.
For further information, download the role description
. Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, describing your suitability for this role and a resume no more than five pages. ExperienceThe successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary and/or postgraduate qualifications in accountancy, economics, commerce, finance or a related discipline and professional standing for current membership or eligibility for membership of a recognised Australian accounting body
- Extensive experience in budget management, financial management and development and implementation of financial management policy, systems, controls and reporting arrangements at a senior level.
- Extensive experience in preparing and evaluating complex submissions, developing and negotiating pricing and funding models, and providing high level strategic advice on budgeting, pricing and economic appraisals at executive level
This is an ongoing full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $212,549 to $234,492 per annum, with annual performance reviews will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact Wayne Jones, Chief Executive, Northern NSW Local Health District on 02 6620 2217 should you have any additional questions about the role.
Applicants must apply through www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au
(search by job reference number 00005KJ5). NOTES:
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 executive structure and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to theNSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Criminal Records Checks, Service Checks, Proof of ID (100 – point ID Checks) etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: 26 September 2017 (11.59pm)