Senior Research and Evaluation Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Family Planning NSW (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Research and Evaluation Officer
Are you open minded, motivated, passionate and interested in helping deliver the services offered by Family Planning NSW?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- We are searching for the right candidate to fill this Permanent Full-Time position in a dynamic team
- We are a leading and continually growing NFP organisation
- We offer a friendly, collaborative team and you will have your contribution valued
- This role will be based in our new state of the art premises located at Newington, which is close to public transport, cafes, shopping centre plus we have free onsite parking.
- Full time employees accrue ADO’s
- Base Full Time Salary: $101,468
- Full Not For Profit Salary Packaging ($15,900) plus Meal/Entertainment ($2,650) increasing your fortnightly take home pay
About Family Planning NSW
Family Planning NSW (FPNSW) is the leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services in NSW. As an independent not-for-profit organisation we offer expert clinical care, information and advice for everybody in every family as well as education and training and evidence-based research to support doctors, nurses and other professionals.
Family Planning NSW is committed to excellence in meeting the reproductive and sexual health needs of the community. We achieve this by providing best practice, accredited clinical services, enhancing the knowledge and skills of service providers, improving the body of knowledge about reproductive and sexual health through rigorous research and evaluation, and leading international development projects to promote the rights of marginalised people in developing countries.
- FPNSW is a pro-choice organisation
- Staff are expected to fully support an individual’s right to choose regarding their pregnancy, whether that be parenting, adoption/foster care or abortion
- As an abortion service provider, all staff at FPNSW are expected to actively participate in the provision of abortion services within the full scope of their role.
- Must support the Family Planning NSW values:
- Human rights focus - promoting the rights of all people to reproductive and sexual health
- Integrity - maintaining a strong ethical base, being accountable and transparent
- Inclusiveness - valuing and respecting diversity without judgment
- Equity of access - ensuring access to our services for all including priority populations
- Client centred - placing the needs of the whole person at the centre of our work
- Commitment to excellence - ensuring high standards in all our work
- A just culture – a balanced accountability for both individuals and the organisation
The Senior Research and Evaluation Officer will work with the Director Research Centre in managing FPNSW research and evaluation activities, to increase the body of knowledge in reproductive and sexual health and to inform policies and planning for reproductive and sexual health initiatives.
- Post-graduate qualifications in epidemiology, statistics, or other quantitative disciplines; experience in design, implementation and analysis of research and evaluation studies within an operational context
- Demonstrated experience in study design and the development of research proposals and ethics applications
- Proven experience in successful research grant submissions
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation projects
- Proven experience in systematic review and/or meta-analysis
- Proven experience with handling routinely collected health data, clinical surveys, clinical trials and quasi-experimental or randomised studies
- Demonstrated experience in the development of quantitative and/or qualitative research articles for peer reviewed journals, including the use of standard data analysis packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA and NVIVO or similar
- Ability to work in a task-oriented team and with technical and managerial personnel.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Experience in reproductive and sexual health research
- Must have Australian working rights
- A Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check is required prior to commencement in the role
- In accordance with NSW Public Health Orders, all staff employed by Family Planning NSW are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Your application must include a:
- Resume (CV); and
- Cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Written communication skills will specifically be assessed based on the quality of your cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To learn more about the role, responsibilities and the required pre-employment checks, please see the position description. If you are unable to view the attached position description, please visit our careers page at https://careers.fpnsw.org.au and click on the position description link at the bottom of the relevant job advert.
FPNSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.
Closing date for applications is 26 NOVEMBER 2022. If interested, we encourage you to apply promptly. Applications will be assessed as they are received, with suitable candidates contacted and progressed without delay.
FPNSW does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or applications and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited agency resumes or applications
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jane Estoesta on (02) 8752 4318, quoting Ref No. 1078010.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Nov 2022
- NSW - Newington
- Base Full Time Salary: $101,468
- Work Type:
- Full Time