Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family-friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' * Customer service * Accountability * Respect *Excellence and * Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
City of Darwin is seeking a highly motivated and experienced WHS Manager to lead our WHS function, which is part of the Human Resouces (HR) and Safety team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and continuously improving City of Darwin's Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System and will focus on building a proactive safety culture across the organisation. As the successful candidate, you will influence and advise leadership at all levels to continuously advance the safety culture through a range of strategies. To achieve this, you will have significant and demonstrated previous experience with transforming organisational culture.
You will be leading a team of two WHS Business Partners and provide strategic and customer-focused services to the organisation at a high standard across a range of Key Result Areas. A key component of this role is the Service Delivery provided to our Community, which includes but is not limited to:-
- Drive improvements in safety performance through initiatives that emphasise personal responsibility and management accountability for safety.
- Lead the review, revision and updating of WHS policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and adherence to best practice.
- Develop annual action plans that recognise and address the organisational needs for WHS continuous improvement activities and provide for measurable planned outcomes.
- Develop processes to ensure the maintenance of accurate, compliant, and up to date WHS records management.
- Ensure the WHS team provide strategic and customer-focused services to other City of Darwin Departments, ensuring services are delivered to quality standards and within appropriate timeframes.
This is a five-year contract position allowing you to see the long-term results of your work with us. The salary package is $100,742 - 127,268 plus superannuation and other allowances. For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager HR & Safety Alexandra Vereker on 08 8930 0647.
To be successful, you will have:
- A Diploma of Work Health and Safety or equivalent qualification.
- A Minimum of 3 years' experience in an equivalent role
How to Apply:
For a copy of the position description and information on how to apply, please visit https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process, you may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Testing.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 02 December 2019