Our client, a large government department, requires an AP6 Fraud Investigator to join on a 12-month contract, with the potential for extension. This role will be based in Surry Hills and pay $51.50-59.00 per hour + Superannuation.
The Fraud Investigator will undertake investigations of potential fraud, unauthorised access, misconduct and other criminal offences committed against the Agency/Scheme and can contribute and lead in different investigation types, depending on Branch pressures.
The successful candidate will use initiative and discretion in the interpretation of policy and the application of practices and procedures. Decision-making is substantially dependent on sound judgement, skills and knowledge.
- Analyse and process information to produce accurate and informative reports
- Conduct formal and informal discussions with agency staff and partners, agency participants, providers and third parties
- Undertake and manage complex and sensitive investigations in accordance with agency processes and the Australian Government Investigation Standards, 2011
- Gather evidence from a range of sources and prepare high quality briefs of evidence
- Prepare cases for referral to relevant parties such as the Australian Federal Police and Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Certificate IV in Government [Fraud Investigations] or Diploma of Government [Fraud Investigations] or equivalent as set out in the Public Services Training Package (PSP04) or demonstrated significant experience with the obligation to obtain the required qualification within 12 months of commencement
- Highly desirable that applicants have an understanding or lived experience of disability
- Experience in a legislated and regulatory environment
- Competent with IT Systems
- Communicate the strategic direction and vision of the agency to stakeholders
- Ability to provide a coaching role internal and external to the team
Please note this is a Federal Government position, which requires the successful candidate to undergo Pre-Employment checks and hold Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'APPLY' button below.