- Partner with key stakeholders to understand CSIRO’s Health, Wellbeing & Injury Management needs
- Guide and empower the HSE team in developing tailored solutions to complex issues
- Influence managers to ensure continuous improvement and consistency in practice
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team successfully partners with staff across all levels of the organisation; coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
As the Manager – Health, Wellbeing and Injury Management, you will lead and manage the Health, Wellbeing and Injury Management team. You will design, implement and strive for continuous improvement of CSIRO’s approach to wellbeing. This will include psychological and physical health as well as holistic injury management. Drawing on knowledge of best practice, internal and external data and staff feedback, you will drive the development of programs, systems and processes to create and maintain a resilient and flourishing workforce.
Specifically you will:
- Drive and support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy.
- Lead and implement Health, Wellbeing and Injury Management projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Maintain strong, proactive relationships with key clients and partners.
- Lead successful geographically dispersed teams.
- Contribute to a cohesive and innovative HSE leadership team, ensuring seamless connections between all areas of HSE.
- Facilitate the growth and development of key organisational leaders and HSE teams.
- Promote a culture of continuous HSE improvement across the organisation.
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne or Adelaide
Salary: AU $111k to AU $130k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 58168
As a minimum requirement, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a Medical, Allied Health or Public Health field and/or have significant experience (~5+ years) in Health, Wellbeing or Injury Management within large or complex organisations. You will also have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards.
- Collaborative leadership skills.
- A history of building and leading high performing teams.
- The ability to work closely with other parts of the function to leverage skills and efficiencies.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 17 September, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.