CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Infectious Animal Diseases - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Infectious Animal Diseases
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Several CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral opportunities available
- Based at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness in Geelong, VIC
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation
There are currently several opportunities available for CERC Fellows to join CSIRO at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP). ACDP’s purpose, in preparedness, prevention, detection and response to exotic disease threats affecting animals and people, is primarily delivered through the science it conceives and performs, along with managing the unique facility that is the ACDP. This delivers directly to three of CSIROs challenges - a Secure Australia and Region, Food Security & Quality and Health & Wellbeing.
These CERC Postdoctoral Fellowships will aim to increase our research capability in Animal Infectious Diseases Research. The successful candidates will have key capabilities in one or more of the following animal infectious diseases research areas: Virology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Phylogenetics and Virus Evolution, In vivo animal models of disease, Ex vivo models, Pathogenesis, Electron Microscopy, Immunology, Vaccine Development, Diagnostic Test Validation Science, Programming or Biostatistics.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognise and utilising opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research
- Utilising design thinking methodology to plan and prepare research proposals, and apply non-academic impact methodology to research projects
- Recording, managing, and analysing data/information using relevant domain data science techniques.
- Proactively undertaking development to grow effective researcher capabilities to support career goals.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Virology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Ex Vivo Models, Electron Microscopy, Immunology, Vaccine Development, Diagnostic Test Validation Science, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about these roles, including more information on each project, please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV to address the selection criteria and best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Early applications are strongly encouraged for immediate consideration. This advertisement will remain open, and we reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement once all vacant positions have been successfully filled.
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Infectious Disease/ Immunology