Senior HSE Advisor
Senior HSE Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Enable world class science to occur safely!
- Help adapt strategies, drive cultural change and support best practice!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team at CSIRO partners with all levels of the organisation, through coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. We provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s HSE culture.
As our new Senior HSE Advisor, you will be reporting to an Executive HSE Business Partner or a HSE Manager whilst working collaboratively with the broader HSE team. Your key driver will be to deliver HSE services by providing tailored technical and specialist support assisting in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture. You will be able to build credibility with your stakeholders via your outstanding communication skills coupled with your natural relationship and rapport building ability. This will enable you to influence and provide critical advice and leadership to your stakeholders. No two days are ever the same, as you tackle a diverse set of issues - we can promise that it won't be boring!
If you can see yourself thriving in a fast-paced and complex environment leveraging your expertise and honing your knowledge via exposure with projects at varying levels of complexities, then this could be the position you've been waiting for. Why not make your next career move one where you can create meaningful impact, not only to those at team CSIRO but to Australia's society, help make the impossible possible with us!
Your duties will include:
- Actively contribute to the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan, through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives across the sectors, with a focus on organisational consistency.
- Support the development of innovative best practice solutions to significantly improve HSE performance both culturally and from a regulatory perspective.
- Actively support the growth and development of BU directors, site leaders and HSE team members utilising best practice and leveraging capability and communities of practice to improve HSE performance.
- Deliver support to businesses within a sector, liaising with HSE Managers and Advisors.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the respective business HSE risk profile and design and implement impactful HSE improvement initiatives.
- Purposefully contribute to a cohesive, collaborative, innovative HSE team and role model the desired behaviours.
- Able to work in ambiguity and act with flexibility and agility to contribute to multiple teams and manage competing priorities.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs, tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements, taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction, and correcting problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed team to undertake activities in line with the HSE plan and support of CSIRO objectives.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Actively support and promote the HSE culture change program and lead by example, acknowledging and promoting key desired behaviours to enable the growth of a high performing, positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
Location: Hobart, Tas
Salary: AU$98,735 to AU$106,848k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree in a related discipline such as Health, Safety & Environment, or risk management.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience in HSE within large or complex organisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and effecting impactful HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A proven ability to coach and build as the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where HSE is considered ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Create trust by displaying consistency and understanding through integrity and patience.
- Track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Exemplify strong interpersonal skills (respectful, collaborative, builds trust, listens, uses discussions to find common ground).
- Communicates clearly (both orally and in writing). Considered a trusted advisor; fostering effective client relationships and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Demonstrate sound experience establishing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships in a mentoring capacity and a track work history of demonstrated professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- A strong working history of understanding goals and targets, taking accountability, driving outcomes, delivering on commitments and producing results.
- Ability to take direction, deliver on set objectives and a passion for continued learning, development and growth in yourself and in others.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
3rd October 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 03 Oct 2022
- TAS - Hobart
- AU$98,735 to AU$106,848k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time