Clinical Terminology DevOps Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Clinical Terminology DevOps Engineer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Are you experienced or interested in modern dev ops practices?
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The Australian E-Health Research Centre (AEHRC - http://aehrc.com/) is a world class centre undertaking research and development across health and biomedical informatics and health services.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated DevOps engineer in our Health Data Semantics and Interoperability group to support our cutting-edge terminology tools and contribute to the development of innovative solutions for healthcare professionals.
As the successful candidate you will make a hands-on contribution to designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure for our clinical terminology platform, with a focus on automation, scalability, and security.
A great opportunity to contribute while learning and gaining experience with modern DevOps and cloud practices and technologies alongside our experienced team of developers, data scientists and healthcare professionals.
Your duties will include:
- Work with clients and CSIRO researchers and software engineers in developing software and solutions to tackle issues in the collection, integration and analysis of clinical and other health data.
- Maintaining and supporting DevOps toolsets, processes and automation supporting the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the management and administration of operational business systems, web sites and associated infrastructure.
- Collaborate with developers and data scientists to improve the platform and processes.
Location: Herston - RBWH/ Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$89k – AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Knowledge and skills gained through tertiary qualifications or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience or interest in delivering and operating production systems for clients.
- Experience or knowledge of testing, deploying, scaling, monitoring and operating modern cloud-based services with RESTful APIs.
- Experience or knowledge of container-based deployment using Kubernetes or equivalent on cloud-based hosting services such as AWS and Azure.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Applications for this position are open to all candidates including Australian and New Zealand citizens, and Australian Permanent Residents or you must hold or be able to obtain a valid working visa (sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19, March 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 19 Mar 2023
- QLD - Herston
- AU$89k – AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time