Animal Research Ethics Coordinator, PT (Armidale) - [Archived Advertisement]
Animal Research Ethics Coordinator, PT (Armidale)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Support best practice in the ethical treatment of animals in research
- Apply relevant knowledge to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- A part-time opportunity in a flexible, hybrid working environment
As the Animal Research Ethics Coordinator (Armidale) you will work closely with relevant individuals, teams and managers to provide leadership and support to CSIRO staff in their attendance to ethical research activity and assist with the ethical review and approval processes for animal research within CSIRO.
The role would ideally suit an experienced research ethics administrator or mid-career research scientist with a strong interest in animal research ethics. Experience working with animal ethics committees in Australia would be highly desirable. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to broaden their experience, gain exposure to, and provide input, support and advice to a diverse range of research projects in relation to animal ethics.
Your duties will include:
- Providing advice and support to research staff on animal ethics issues in the development and implementation of their projects and submission of ethics applications.
- Working with the AEC Chair and committee members to review ethics applications, reports and provide feedback to applicants.
- Supporting the administration of AEC meetings.
- Collaborating in the development and delivery of an animal research ethics awareness, training and support program.
- Maintaining appropriate records to ensure compliance with all national guidelines, relevant state legislation and CSIRO policies.
- Developing communication to support ethical research practice and support the implementation of CSIRO’s Animal Welfare Procedure, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements.
- Managing the licencing and reporting requirements of the Armidale based AEC including external review processes.
Location: Armidale (Chiswick)
Salary: $105,806 – $114,500 (pro rata) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Part-time (0.5 FTE) at 18.375 hours/week
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in biological science or veterinary science (preferably at a postgraduate level) and/ or equivalent experience in a research environment.
- A sound understanding of animal research ethics principles and relevant statutory requirements, scientific methods used in animal research and the use of these methods in a variety of settings.
- The ability to effectively interpret policies, procedures and guidelines and provide clear and consistent advice.
- Experience in professionally handling sensitive and confidential information and using appropriate judgement and discretion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability, with the ability to manage and prioritise competing and often ambiguous demands to meet deadlines.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9 April 2023, 11:00pm AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Apr 2023
- NSW - Armidale
- $105,806 – $114,500 (pro rata) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Veterinary/ Animal Science