Quality Assurance Senior Advisor
Quality Assurance Senior Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Bring your extensive knowledge in the development and implementation of site QMS in labs.
- Collaborate broadly across the Asia-Pacific region in gaining QA accreditation standards!
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive culture at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
CSIRO is Australia’s National Science Agency and is one of the world’s largest and most successful publicly funded R&D organisations. The Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) Business Unit is located at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) in Geelong and is one of nine impact science business units in CSIRO. Our goal is to protect a healthy, productive and prosperous future for Australia’s animals and people by delivering world-renowned science that will further our understanding, preparedness and management of infectious diseases. The ACDP International Program (ACDP-IP), partners with multiple organisations across the APAC to build laboratory capacity, improve the quality of laboratory diagnostic services, and laboratory biosafety and biosecurity in the region. To know more, click on ACDP- global and about our partnerships, like project BICOLLAB and our established partnership with PNG here.
As a Quality Assurance Senior Advisor, you’ll be providing advice, training, and support to develop and implement quality management systems in laboratories involved in our projects across the Asia-Pacific. You’ll be assessing the quality needs of the lab and delivering training, advice and support to establish and implement quality systems and processes that are practical and sustainable. It will also include supporting progress to, or gaining, accreditation for relevant standards such as ISO9001, ISO17025, ISO17043 and ISO35001.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the internal QA team at ACDP to ensure consistency of standards and practices and, when required, provide support to this team. If you are keen to explore more about this position do not hesitate to reach out to our team. There are some amazing things we are currently doing that you can read.
Your duties will include:
- Assessing quality management system needs for partner laboratories as part of the ACDP International Program.
- Providing advice, training and support to establish and implement quality systems and processes that are practical and sustainable in these laboratories, including providing advice to scientific teams on QA principles, processes and documentation.
- Facilitating the development of good quality culture in partner laboratories, including the establishment of QA committees, auditing schedules, managing corrective and preventative actions and regular reporting.
- Supporting partner laboratories to progress or gain accreditation to relevant ISO standards.
- Supporting the development of project planning and reporting documents and processes, for example, project logic, implementation plan, monitoring, evaluation and learning framework documents and regular internal and external reports.
- Building and maintaining strong, positive partnering relationships with partner countries and organisations through developing a thorough understanding of their respective QA needs and tailoring solutions to their environment and resources.
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Salary: AU$105k - AU$114k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2027
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Degree and or equivalent experience in quality management in biological sciences.
- A sound understanding of QA standards and processes such as ISO9001, ISO17025, ISO17043 or ISO 35001 and their application.
- Experience conducting internal audits, root cause analysis and monitoring corrective actions within a quality management system framework.
- Demonstrable experience as a specialist advisor with high-level interpersonal and communication skills to develop and deliver effective training and coaching, foster knowledge transfer and collaborate with colleagues and clients from various cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to support projects, including independently planning, implementing and completing the required project activities and objectives to clients’ expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of a larger project team and to form and maintain effective and respectful relationships with a range of colleagues and collaborators.
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for periods of between 1 to 4 weeks to deliver project work and to provide structured training for overseas collaborators.
- Previous experience working overseas, particularly in low-resource environments.
- Previous experience conducting internal and external audits or NATA-accredited lead assessor training.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent, meet ACDP microbiological security and security assessment requirements, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
30th September 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2023
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$105k - AU$114k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: