Human Resources Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Health Pathology (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 3
Remuneration: $119,348 - $136,057 per annum plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ397943
Location: Westmead Hospital
Applications Close: 29 May 2023 - 11:59pm
About the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a purpose-driven, progressive and collaborative People and Culture Team
At NSW Health Pathology, our people are the most important resource, as we work together to keep NSW communities safe and well. This exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and talented HR practitioner to join the cohesive and collaborative P&C Team to support our Laboratories across 4 Local Health Districts (WSLHD, NBMLHD, NSLHD & CCLHD). The position provides operational and strategic support across our Scientific and Clinical teams. Reporting directly into the Associate Director Human Resources Metropolitan, working within a small team, this is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to make a difference to influence and shape our workforce.
This role will be based in Westmead Hospital however will be required to travel to all laboratories when required.
What we can offer you
- Accrued Days Off in addition to Annual Leave
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
What you'll be doing
The HR Manager is responsible for a diverse range of human resource and workforce functions including providing high level HR advice, coaching and consultancy services to support managers and staff. Proactively support the Associate Director, Human Resource in leading the implementation of strategic, transformational and cultural workforce initiatives across NSW Health Pathology (NSWHP), providing leave relief as required.
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions:
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management, business, management or related field and/or experience in human resources management in a large and complex service delivery organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in advising and supporting managers in effectively handling workforce matters, including complex matters, in areas such as recruitment strategies, performance management, supporting change processes and employee relations.
- Demonstrated experience in utilising workforce systems such as recruitment systems, payroll/HRIS systems, and/or reporting systems to deliver workforce services and improve organisational performance.
- High level communication, liaison and negotiation skills, including experience in working with front line managers, senior managers and industrial associations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic organisational environment
- Sound understanding of NSW Health or other relevant employment frameworks including relevant awards, industrial instruments, policies and legislation.
- Capacity to support and develop line managers to improve human resource capability including experience in developing, promoting and/or delivering educational programs for managers.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Laila Hassan on Laila.Hassan@health.nsw.gov.au
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
This position is a permanent position. To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency. Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa.
New to NSW Health Pathology?
The preferred candidate may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list will be created for future permanent full time / part time, temporary and casual vacancies.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
NSW Health Pathology is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We seek to recruit from diverse applicants and create teams with skills, perspectives and experiences that complement each other at work. We welcome suitably qualified applicants regardless of age, ethnicity, socio-cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2023
- NSW - Westmead
- $119,348 - $136,057 per annum plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time