A fantastic opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified mental health professional (Social Worker/Counsellor/Psychologist/Registered Nurse) working with a leading Government Organisation, based in Brisbane CBD. The Intake Clinician will have extensive experience in triaging and coordination of telephone based clinical intake services including complex and potentially high-risk clients. This is a Federal Government role and you must be an AU citizen to apply.
As an Intake Clinician, you will be responsible for the risk assessment and response to Veterans and ADF members referred to the team due to issues relating to mental health, psychosocial issues and suicide risk. This will include referrals of individuals, couples, families and complex and potentially high-risk cases escalated via a number of referral pathways.
- Triaging and coordinating intake and referral of clients
- Provision of high level clinical guidance and advice
- Enaging in brief tele-counselling in order to de-escalate situations
- Ensuring efficient intake for clients requesting counselling, group and/or case management services.
- Escalation of high risk and high profile issues through EL1 team leader
- Liaise with the ADF, ex-service organisations, community groups, and service providers to facilitate service provision
- Qualifications and/or relevant registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist, Registered Nurse (Mental Health), or Social Worker (AASW)
- Intake and tele-triage experience
- Demonstrated competency and experience in assessing complex and potentially at-risk clients
- Defence and Veterans Affairs knowledge (distinct advantage)
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Fantastic remuneration (60 p/h + Super and extra loading after hours)
- Monday - Sunday available, part-time and casual hours
- Additional training provided
- Supportive team with a push to see you succeed personally and professionally
- Fantastic opportunity to see and create real change within your community
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please reach out to Kim either via email - email@example.com or call (07) 3337 5222!