The Florey Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground-breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is available to join a vibrant team of researchers as a Research Assistant within the Mental Health Theme. Reporting to Professor Andrew Lawrence, the successful candidate will support research groups investigating the neurocircuitry underlying conditions including addiction, anxiety and depression.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day laboratory management including:
- Preparation and maintenance of laboratory stocks
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment to a high operating standard
- Maintenance of laboratory to ensure compliance with all OHS requirements
- Preparation and updating of laboratory protocols
- Conducting experimental work including:
- Animal surgery
- Animal behavioural testing
- Immunohistochemistry and imaging
- Data collection and management
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description, which is available by clicking on 'Apply Now'.
This position is fixed-term (1.0 FTE) until 31st December 2023. This role attracts an annual salary offer ranging from Research Assistant 1 (RA1) $69,730 to Research Assistant 2 (RA2) $73,709, commensurate with experience.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday 31st March 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research
- Experience in experimental techniques including:
- Behavioural work
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent record-keeping and data management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as required
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
For enquiries please contact our Human Resources Team on email@example.com.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Mar 2023
- VIC - Parkville
- Work Type:
- Full Time