Grants Officer - Pre award - [Archived Advertisement]
The Florey Institute (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground-breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and staff, and work within the Grants Office. The Grants Officer will provide highly specialised service in managing pre-award processes and will be responsible for identifying and promoting peer reviewed research funding opportunities to Florey research staff.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Primarily manage Government Grant schemes, including but not limited to NHMRC, ARC, MRFF and others.
- Working with broad direction, provide high quality support to the institute’s participation and success in all major external grant schemes through effective and efficient planning, coordination and promotion of those programs to researchers at all levels.
- Independently interpret existing policy and legislation to ensure all applications adhere to Florey procedures and policies, monitor for financial liabilities and coordinate institutional approval.
- Grant administration and general administration skills, ensure data management systems are up-to-date, maintain and edit web content when required.
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description which can be found when you click "Apply".
This position is a permanent, full-time role. The role attracts an annual salary offer ranging from Higher Education Worker 6-1 (HEW 6-1) $80,583 to Higher Education Worker 7-5 (HEW 7-5) $96,252, commensurate with experience.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5.00pm, Friday 25th May 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a health science discipline and at least 4 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of postgraduate qualifications and experience
- Scientific understanding and scientific/ biomedical terminology, including data presentation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to represent the Florey Grants Office in a professional manner
- High level interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with privacy requirements
- Understanding of grant sharing agreements and Familiarity with online grant application portals such as Sapphire, RGMS, RMS, Grants.gov would be desirable.
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
For enquiries please contact our Human Resources Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 26 May 2023
- VIC - Parkville
- Work Type:
- Full Time