Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow - [Archived Advertisement]
University of South Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the Role
We are seeking a Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow to undertake research related activities for funded projects to improve quality use of medicines and inform pharmacist services within aged care services. Specifically, this position will contribute to an exciting new research project titled “Establishing the PHARMA-Care quality monitoring program in aged care homes”.
This position may also undertake other research related activities relating to projects focusing on the safe and effective use of medicines by older people.
About UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance
The UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit offers a wide range of degrees and conducts research in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry, medical radiation sciences, medical sonography, speech pathology, clinical exercise physiology, exercise and nutrition, health sciences, public health, exercise and sport science, and human movement.
UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance research strengths continue to influence and positively contribute to the health industry and broader community. UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance is home to the Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA), a recognised research centre which investigates the role of exercise, nutrition and other lifestyle activities in improving clinical and health outcome and Innovation, Implementation & Clinical Translation in Health (IIMPACT), a research concentration, which focuses on persistent pain and breathlessness, rural health and stroke recovery.
- Contribute to planning of research such as participating in planning sessions and contributing to research proposals/analysis plans
- Conduct high quality research relating to quality use of medicines, pharmacist services, health and aged care services use and/or other care activities for older people
- Undertaking analysis of data to meet objectives of research projects
- Contribute to the mentorship/research support and/or supervision of undergraduate, Honours, Masters and PhD students, and for other team members, as appropriate
- Drafting reports, abstracts, scientific papers, consumer/plain language summaries, and other instruments providing accounts of research undertaking and the findings observed
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in pharmacy, medicine, nursing, medicine, geriatrics, health services research, population health, epidemiology, or a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in interviews and/or focus group research, including interview conduct, analysis, and reporting of findings
- Demonstrated experience and interest in developing, implementing, and evaluating interventions to improve care and/or outcomes
- Knowledge of quality use of medicines, quality monitoring, and the aged care system and health care system in Australia, including primary, secondary, and tertiary care
- Demonstrated previous experience and competency in the coordination of research activities and/or management of research projects
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the level of position you wish to apply for and the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
For further information about this role please contact Dr Janet Sluggett, Enterprise Fellow via email only to email@example.com.
Please address your cover letter to Andrew Sarunic, Manager: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5201.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 29 May 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2023
- SA - Adelaide
- Salary: $104,838 - $146,716 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- Work Type:
- Full Time