Staff Specialist, Paediatric Oncology/Haematology
John Hunter Children’s Hospital, Children Young People and Families
Permanent Part Time 0.5 FTE and Temporary Fixed term 0.3FTE (until May 2020)
We are looking for an experienced Staff Specialist in Paediatric Oncology and Clinical Haematology to join our team. Above all, you will be committed to Excellence – every patient, every time.
You will provide expertise in the clinical management and treatment of patients of HNEKidsHealth, John Hunter Children’s Hospital Paediatric Oncology and Clinical Haematology Service within Hunter New England Local Health District and surrounding areas. Whilst providing medical leadership and expert advice in the planning, coordination, operation and evaluation of the delivery of medical services ensuring the patient receives the best treatment possible, delivered with compassion and care, which results in a positive experience for the child, young person and their family. .
You will have a commitment to undergraduate and post graduate teaching, research and supervision and participate in quality activities, professional development and continuing education.
Dr Frank Alvaro, ph: (02) 4921 3080, e: Frank.Alvaro@hnehealth.nsw.gov.au
Tenielle Farrelly, Senior Medical Recruitment Consultant ph: (02) 4985 3422 e: Tenielle.email@example.com
Provide clinical management and treatment of patients at the JHCH Campus, New Lambton within the scope of practice granted by the Hunter New England Health (HNEH) Medical and Dental Appointments Advisory Committee. The role includes:
- Providing a safe, efficient and effective Paediatric Oncology and Clinical Haematology inpatient and outpatient service at consultant level to the John Hunter Children's Hospital and Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD)
- To perform Outreach and telehealth Clinics in Paediatric Oncology and Haematology within HNELHD and Northern Child Health Network as required by the Medical Co-Director John Hunter Children’s Hospital
- Providing an acute on call service at the John Hunter Children's Hospital.
- Providing consultative service to the Emergency Department and other departments within the John Hunter Children's Hospital, including NEXUS.
- Contribute to HNEKidsHealth service direction and planning and the effective management of resources.
- Engage in Undergraduate and Postgraduate educational activities and staff development programmes within HNEKidsHealth facilities and the John Hunter Children's Hospital.
- Provide professional leadership for health professionals including participation in quality and risk management activities.
- Ensuring the patient receives the best treatment possible, delivered with compassion and care, which results in a positive experience for the child, young person and their family.