Senior Mental Health Clinician - Community Treatment and Transition Program - [Archived Advertisement]
Forensicare (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full-time Ongoing
- 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. This position is located at the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) in Clifton Hill, 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. CFMHS is a specialist state-wide agency that works with individuals who have a serious mental health illness and have offended, or are at risk of offending.
About the role:
The Community Treatment and Transition Program provides mental health treatment and supervision of forensic patients transitioning from Thomas Embling Hospital to ensure they are adequately supported through their reintegration back into the community. The program assists Forensic Patients (patients as defined under the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997) to meet the conditions of their Extended Leave until they progress onto a non-custodial supervision order. The program also provides post discharge supports for clients subject to Treatment Orders (under the Mental Health Act 2014) to support successful discharge and linkage to Area Mental Health services and other community based supports.
- Case management
- Ongoing mental state and risk assessment
- Consultation and liaison with internal and external stakeholders to support discharge planning
- Provision of reports and evidence to court
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Approved degree in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychiatric Nursing or Psychologist, is registered with AHPRA or have other qualifications approved for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Minimum 5 years post qualifying experience within mental health preferably recent experience in community mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience and competency in conducting mental health and risk assessments and in planning, implementing, co-ordinating and evaluating complex case management interventions within recovery framework.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership within multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Nov 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Social Work/Human Services