Students will be engaged on a non-ongoing short-term intermittent contract for 3 months from 20 November 2023 to 16 February 2024 at an ASD2 level salary. Continued work may be offered depending on performance and work/project availability.
The majority of positions for the Internship Program are based in Canberra but consideration may be given to placements in other ASD locations.
Diversity powers our mission. Our work is challenging, and our history shows that the best teams contain a diverse range of people. To achieve our mission, we require people with strong integrity and a mix of skills, passion, adaptability, resilience, curiosity and creativity.
We support our people to bring their best selves to work. Whether this is through our diversity and inclusion initiatives, flexible working arrangements or learning and development opportunities.
We are committed to the growth of our most important resource – you.
Corporate Interns will support the day-to-day activities that enable ASD mission, such as:
- Development and design of education and training materials including creative messaging to increase workforce engagement, awareness and behaviour in security.
- Apply project management and problem solving skills to support the delivery of complex cyber security capability.
- Conduct asset and finance management activities including procurement functions, through strong data management skills
- Perform service management and general business support functions across a breadth of challenges.
Analyst, Cyber, Data & Technologist Streams
Analyst, Cyber, Data and Technologist internships are usually project-based and relate to current programs or future initiatives such as:
- Research, development, design and testing of tools and programs for cyber security analysis, development and exploitation.
- Software vulnerability analysis and auditing, including code analysis, static analysis, fuzzing, reverse engineering and vulnerability research.
- Contributing to, reviewing and testing existing and new cyber and information security policies including utilisation of SecDevOps techniques.
- Malware analysis including binary code review both static and dynamic, web shell analysis.
- Developing guidance, products and communication strategies to enhance cyber and information security awareness and implement best practice.
- Design and build complex infrastructure solutions including virtualisation, data storage and user interfaces
- Data science and analytics, including predictive and prescriptive analytics and machine learning
- Research and investigate new directions in cryptography
Experience working in an environment focussing on national security is not required. The successful candidate/s will be supported to develop skills in assessing risk factors through the psychological assessment process as well as in developing empirically based mental health training and materials. The diverse nature of the role means that candidates can be supported to pursue their professional interests and will be provided with substantial supervision to do so.
Positions for the Psychologist Internship Program are based in Canberra and Melbourne.
About our Team
ASD is entering an exciting phase of growth, innovation and transformation. Our agency has committed to delivering REDSPICE, which is the most significant single investment in the Australian Signals Directorate’s 75 years.
ASD is seeking applications from highly talented university students who are currently studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree to enter the agency during this unprecedented period of growth.
Our Ideal Candidate
Your degree doesn’t define your career at ASD, we are looking for Interns from almost every discipline, with opportunities in areas including:
Analyst, Cyber, Data & Technologist Streams
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate psychological skills in all of the following areas:
- Provision of psychological services including evidence based clinical interventions and supportive counselling.
- Interpretation and utilisation of psychological assessments including psychometric testing, interviewing, analysis.
- Provision of sound psychological advice to stakeholders, organisational research, and project work.
- Ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
All successful candidates commence the program on a salary of $55,739 plus a 4% service allowance and 15.4% superannuation.
Please refer to the individual Information Packs for further information on each individual streams.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 4 June 2023.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference ASD/04180/23 on www.asd.gov.au/careers