National Manager Health, Safety & Environment - [Archived Advertisement]
dnata catering (View other jobs from this organisation)
National Manager Health, Safety & Environment
Do you have what it takes to lead the health, safety, wellbeing and environment functions across our organisation?
We are seeking an experienced National Manager to provide strategic and operational oversight of our health, safety, wellbeing and environment streams and driving frameworks and initiatives across all these areas in line with our organisation's strategic direction.
Reporting to the Head of People & Culture this role can be based at one of our major ports in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
What’s in it for you?
- Lead the health, safety, wellbeing and environment functions across the organisation
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team who are truly passionate about building a safety culture
- Flexible working arrangements with attractive salary
- The opportunity for career progression and development, and the opportunity work across our business in other roles
- Be part of a business that is committed to giving back to our people and the communities in which we operate, through environmental, community and wellbeing initiatives
- Access to our employee benefits program which includes a wellbeing platform, discounted private health insurance and access to specials and discounts from over 700 retailers
What does a typical day look like?
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the health, safety, wellbeing and environment streams to ensure innovative and best practice procedures, frameworks, policies and programs are in place across the organisation to minimise risk and develop and build on safety culture.
What are your responsibilities?
- Ensure specialist and pragmatic Health and Safety advice, practical guidance and support is available to the Executive Team, Managers and Frontline Supervisors
- Ensure the highest possible health and safety accreditations are maintained
- Identify and act on major health and safety performance risks and opportunities for operational management, building capability and competence and identifying opportunities to lead cultural improvement
- Oversee the identification and mitigation of hazards and the reporting and investigation of incidents; monitor the implementation of actions arising from investigations to ensure their completion within agreed timeframes; ensure workplace safety improvement initiatives are identified and delivered, leading to improvements in safety performance
- Oversight of the investigation of serious incidents carrying out subsequent review or changes to the relevant Site Safety Management Plans
- Oversight of SMS in line with Global requirements, ensuring that business unit and site management are coached and mentored in the implementation and delivery of desired results
- Provide expert advice in defining a performance gap analysis and assist site management to develop performance improvement plans to meet obligations of the SMS
- Review health and safety performance including significant incident investigations, near misses and review corrective actions
- Lead the Wellbeing function in support of injury prevention, management and rehabilitation programmes to promote employee health and wellbeing
- Develop and implement best practice wellbeing initiatives and support the business to ensure such initiatives align with and deliver on strategic plans
- Develop and implement environmental strategies, policies, practices and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and financial costs
- Build strong working relationships with all key stakeholders, contractors, suppliers and employees and drive step change in dnata catering’s performance
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Formal qualifications are essential
- Experience in aviation highly beneficial
- Demonstrated working knowledge of occupational health and safety management and an understanding of the underlying principles.
- The ability to conduct research and analyse complex issues and engage with key stakeholders to identify options
- Well-developed report writing and research skills
- Demonstrated skills and achievements in project management
- Experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Business and industry acumen understanding
- Competent in documentation and records management using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are highly regarded within the global aviation and meal manufacturing industries.
It is our three Australian brands – dnata catering, snapfresh and marhaba – that enables us to deliver extensive service capabilities and ensures we maintain our reputation as Australasia’s most admired catering and retail partner, specialising in inflight catering, travel retail technology and airport lounge management.
Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines for our fresh, award-winning meals and outstanding service, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 2,000 people, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
We know that it is our people and our communities, that make us great. Which is why we put our people first and give back to the communities in which we operate. Over the past five years, we have supported Australian food rescue organisations to create more than 1.3 million meals for those in need and have raised over $420,000.00 for the Kids with Cancer Foundation, The Smith Family, and other Australian charities.
If this role and our business overview has made you excited for what your future could hold, we want to hear from you. Please register your interest using the link below and making sure to upload your resume or outline of your work history, along with short cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you would like to join the dnata catering family.
We welcome applications from all states!
Bulwer Island 4008 QLD
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time