Research Fellow - [Archived Advertisement]
HammondCare (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Located in our Greenwich Hospital Team
- Part-Time, 3 year fixed Term Contract, 3 days a week.
- Provide high level support for research in palliative and supportive care
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances. HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
The role of Research Fellow, Centre for Learning & Research in Palliative Care works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to support and develop research within the organisation that is focused on palliative and supportive care. Working with HammondCare’s Professor Josephine Clayton, Director of the Centre for Learning & Research in Palliative, the Research Fellow provides high level support for research in palliative and supportive care, including: identification of funding opportunities and assistance in writing applications for research funding; project management; research governance; data analysis; and publication of research findings. This role offers a post-doctoral researcher an excellent opportunity to develop their own research skills, experience and track record within the themes of palliative and supportive care.
Key Focus Areas:
- Work on new and existing projects in the field of palliative and supportive care.
- Provision of high level research academic support to HammondCare’s Director of the Centre for Learning & Research in Palliative Care and other senior academic(s) in the Centre for Learning & Research in Palliative Care including Professor Melanie Lovell.
- Identification of funding opportunities, grant writing, protocol development, data analysis, project management, and publication.
Qualifications and Experience
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action
- Have a passion for research which can improve palliative and supportive care
- Completed or about to submit a PhD in a relevant health-related or social science discipline
- Experience in mixed methods health services research in relevant field
- Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods (ideally both)
- Knowledge and experience of systematic reviews desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound understanding of ethical issues and competence in writing ethics applications
- Able to prioritise work flow and meet short funding application deadlines when necessary
- Strong administrative and computer skills, including high level proficiency in the Microsoft suite of Office products and reference management and other research relevant software (e.g. SPPS (or similar) and/or NVivo).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in grant writing an advantage.
- Experience in research project management an advantage
- Clinical background in a relevant field desirable
- Willingness to travel to other HammondCare or external sites to engage with stakeholders from time to time as needed.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below or see our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Josephine Clayton on 1800 826 166
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Oct 2020
- NSW - Greenwich
- Work Type:
- Part Time