WAYS Youth & Family (View other jobs from this organisation)
WAYS Youth & Family is a leading Not For Profit organisation who has been a major provider of a range of innovative services for young people and their families in Eastern Sydney.
WAYS has a 40 year history of excellence in serving our local community. WAYS is a dynamic and innovative organisation who are deeply passionate about providing quality, holistic and professional services in a safe, vibrant and innovative space for young people and their families.
WAYS Services include - a Registered Training Organisation, an accredited alternative high school, an after school care service, counselling and case management, a G.P, allied health services such as acupuncture and dentist, youth drop in and outreach and a range of recreational programs for young people.
The Operations Manager role at WAYS Youth & Family is a full time senior executive role that has a qualitative focus and holds authority and influence throughout the organisation.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the quality of the services delivered and that these are assisting with the achievement of their performance and funded objectives. This role will be responsible for managing WHS, a range of education, youth and family programs, program specific and organisational compliance requirements and community development initiatives. This role provides significant direction, guidance, support and input to the CEO and Program Managers. This role will provide input into financial and organizational planning strategies highlighting quality-based requirements of programs prior to budgetary devolution to Program Managers and individual program staff. This role will also be expected to be able to identify opportunities for funding, write successful funding submissions and acquittals and create and build key relationships with funders and stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business or social/human services (degree)
- Demonstrated skills/experience in a management role in youth/community services and programs, including monitoring compliance, progress and outcomes
- Proven experience in managing relationships with funding bodies, managing funded programs, achieving set targets and executing reporting requirements of funding bodies
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and write informed and effective policies and procedures relevant to a multidisciplinary NFP organisation
- Demonstrated high level skills/experience in human resources management such as supervision and performance management of staff/personnel, including facilitating difficult conversations and change management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong cross cultural communication
- Prior demonstrated experience in clinical and non-clinical service delivery, including strength-based case management, counselling, group work and community development
- Proven knowledge of WHS and risk management, youth development, child protection, mandatory reporting, suicide prevention/intervention, homelessness and domestic violence issues
- Knowledge/understanding of relevant complementary support services for clients, and skills/experience in developing strong networks with other services
- Experience in public relations, marketing, events and community development
- Excellent commitment to, & ability to facilitate, strong team work; and strong ability to work independently (whilst ensuring accountability)
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including excellent IT literacy skills
- Proven knowledge and experience of the principles and practice of EEO, cultural diversity and WH&S
- Commitment to principles of social justice
- Qualification in management or project coordination
- Post graduate qualifications relevant to this role
- Experience working in and or qualifications in a Registered Training Organisation and in an After school care setting would be an advantage
- NSW drivers license & own comprehensively insured car
Salary & Conditions:
Excellent Salary package includes base salary and Salary packaging option:
- Conditions of employment covered by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Federal modern award). Position is classified as Level 7 Pay Point 1 to Pay Point 2. Level dependent on experience and qualifications.Salary package above includes base salary including $15,900pa of salary able to be salary packaged (tax free), Salary packaging is optional.
- All applicants must submit their Resume & statements addressing the essential criteria. For a position description and further information call 9365 2500 or email email@example.com
- Your application must be received by January 27th COB
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jan 2021
- NSW - North Bondi
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Social Work/Human Services
Youth and Family Services