Injury Lead | Minchinbury Distribution Centre
- New opportunity for a talented Injury Management Lead in our Minchinbury Distribution Centre
- Effectively, support and assist the site teams within a fast paced, customer first environment
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
We’re seeking a positive, driven and passionate leader to help achieve an integrated injury & wellbeing strategy, who can:
- Develop and maintain a business culture that supports the proactive management of the processes surrounding work and non-work injuries, illnesses or conditions that impact the ability of the individual to safely perform their role
- Lead site teams in a wellness program to deal with up and coming key indicators around, medical/ageing/occupational injuries/illnesses.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and colleagues as required about return to work related matters
- Implement workers’ compensation policies and procedures, as well as recommending and implementing goals and objectives.
- Work with people managers to embed an early return to work culture across all work sites.
- Provide resources to educate employees/contractors about the workplace rehabilitation policy and procedures and what to expect when an injury occurs.
- Effectively support the business to navigate a high volume of complex claims in a blue collar unionised environment.
Who we’re looking for
- We’re looking for a resilient, results driven individual who is able to negotiate and influence with stakeholders at all levels. Who will also have:
- 3-5+ years experience as a RTW, Injury Management, Senior Case Management or similar
- Tertiary qualifications of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation would be highly desirable
- In-depth understanding of injury management and workers’ compensation legislation
- Well developed leadership and influencing skills combined with the ability to show empathy for injured team members
- Demonstrated skills in process development, consultation, education, implementation, support, evaluation and reporting
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid business acumen in relation to cost effective solutions
- Ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise
- Ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems