INJURY MANAGEMENT AND WORKERS COMPENSATION MANAGER
TAFE Manager Level 2
People and Safety – Work Health and Safety
Location: Ultimo / Wetherill Park / Kingswood (Flexible)
Full Time 3 year specified term contract
Join Australia's biggest education and training provider
We are now inviting applications for an exciting leadership role
Utilise your previous experience and strong understanding of Injury Management and Workers Compensation in this challenging and rewarding role.
Be part of the journey and continuous growth at ONE TAFE NSW. The Injury Management and Workers Compensation Manager is responsible for the management of Workers Compensation claims and rehabilitation programs to ensure compliance with Government and Departmental legislation and regulations and the policies of TAFE NSW of provides guidance and leadership in specialist advice. The key challenge in this role will be establishing fundamental causes of instances during investigations where different stakeholders have conflicting accounts of associated events.
If you are able to visualise yourself in this role, please read on!
About the Company:
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
Your search for a rewarding career ends here!
1. Develop and implement TAFE NSW processes and procedures to manage Workers Compensation and Injury Management.
2. Prepare reports and corrective actions to inform the Head WHS, GM People and Safety and the COO on workers’ compensation.
3. Provide expert advice on the implementation of organisation wide corrective actions that arise from workers’ compensation to identify continuous improvement opportunities and effective claims management.
4. Manage escalated cases to ensure the effective resolution of complex and/or sensitive WHS and Safe Work NSW issues that may not be readily resolved at operational level.
5. Manage the implementation of Early Intervention and Return to Work strategies to ensure Workers Compensation claims and rehabilitation programs are effectively and efficiently managed to meet the health and well-being needs of staff while minimising associated costs.
6. Oversee and manage Litigation Claims working with TAFE Legal team and Insure legal panel.
7. Oversee and manage a team of 5 x Injury Management Case Specialist
8. Manage the relationship between TAFE NSW Workers Compensation Insurer and iCare to ensure best outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will meet the following Essential Requirements:
1. Degree qualification in related field or equivalent industry experience and Return to Work certificate in line with SafeWork NSW.
2. Demonstrated experience in understanding of the NSW Workers Compensation and Injury Management Program preferably within TMF or similar scheme.
3. Demonstrated ability to engage with multiple stakeholders both external and internal in a diverse environment.
4. Class C driver’s licence with the capacity to travel for TAFE NSW business purposes as required.
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Provide written responses addressing the targeted questions below as this forms a specific part of the selection process (max. 2 A4 pages)
1. Provide details of your understanding of workers compensation.
2. Give examples of how you have engaged and collaborated with stakeholders to influence decisions.
Click here for:
- Information Package
- Position Description
If you require any assistance with the application process or have any enquiries about the position please contact Kannan on (02) 8095 1735.
Please note, where a permanent TAFE Manager is the successful applicant they will retain their permanent status.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th July 2017 at 11:59 pm